CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New here looking to buy a 92-93 deville

msilva954

Hey everyone, new here, Im looking at purchasing either a 92 or 93 deville. Is there anything that I should look out for on these cars? What do owners have to say about that deville and the 4.9L engine? Thanks ahead of time. ;)

Prior to this car I had a '92 Deville. It had 125K on it when I traded it and other than a front wheel bearing & hub assembly I had no problems with it. Just did regular maintainance. Still had original rear brakes and exhaust system when I traded. The best thing I liked about it was the seats. They were so cushy, they just absorbed you. The biggest thing to check for I think is that the coolant was changed every two years as it had the green coolant in it. Needless to say I was very happy with it.

I have had a 92 Deville for 10 years and up until lately it has been 73,000 trouble free miles. I just had a short in the compressor wiring, the trunk latch quit working, the fuel pressure regulator had to be replaced, and I am still working on the cruise control. Because of it's reliability I bought a 94 Concours. The 4.9 is very reliable, just change the antifreeze every 2-3 years and regular maintenance and it should not let you down.

post-3-1079828111.jpg

They are pretty relaible cars if you take car of them. But like any 11-12 year old car you are going to have to do some maintenance to keep them running. Luckily parts are relatively cheap for the 92-93 deville

Unless you plan to go drag racing the 4t60-e is a reliable transmission. Some people have problems with code EO39/PD39, bad VCC solenoid, but that is a problem with the torque converter. That is not a major problem.

Archived