CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How much should I ask?

jake3803

Hiii there, kind folks. My uncle recently asked me to sell his 1969 Fleetwood Brougham that he no longer uses. He bought it on a whim for $1700 and now it is only sitting in his driveway collecting dust. So, he made me a deal that if I sell his car, I can keep anything over $1000. However, I'm a bit lost on how much to ask for it, and so I'm turning to you for help.

It's a LITTLE bit beat up and pretty dirty, but its nothing that a detailing can't fix, which he is willing to do to. Currently it leaks a small amount of oil when driven but that is also going to be fixed. He recently installed a $500 radio as well as a well-needed battery for the car.

So? Ideas on a good price? Obviously $2200 would be a good place to start but does anyone have a good, structured idea? And how much would be a good price for it without some fixing up? Thanks in advance! :)

The Brogham was an Eldorado model in 1959. I don't see the Brogham listed as a Fleetwood model on the Cadillac history site. It would help if you could supply the car's serial number (the 1959 equivalent of a VIN). It's located at the front of the lefthand frame side bar. Examples are

59P-69 000001, Cadillac Eldorado Brogham two-door hardtop.

59M-60 000001, Cadillac Fleetwood four-door hardtop.

Other things that would be helpful are the colors, body and interior, and options. Does it have the air rear suspension or rear coil springs? Does it have three two-barrel carburetors or a single four-barrel carburetor? Also, a photo would be really great.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Jim,

The Fleetwood Brougham was a 4-door hardtop model. The 1969 model would have a 472 cu-in engine and a 4-barrel carb.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I was looking at 1959, not 1969. That's what I get for posting on the insomnia shift.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Jake

My dad had a 1970 which was slightly diffrent mainly the grill, cornering and the tail lights in addition to some slight interior changes.

If I were you I would detail out the whole car completely, I would put on a new set of nice white walls. I also recommend going to the local news stand and pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News look in the Caddillac section in there you will see perfect conditioned as well as rusty ones out in the field with the weeds. You may get lucky and see a pitcure of a 1969 Fleetwood like yours. This will help you decide what to ask for your Fleetwood, now because that car is so rare you could ask at least 6.500.00 for it depending how well it shows. To bad we don't have a PIC of it to help you further. There are car buffs out there that are looking for a rare 37 year old car in close to origional condition, and others willing to fully restore them.

Keep us posted,

Mr SEE

because that car is so rare you could ask at least 6.500.00 for it depending how well it shows. To bad we don't have a PIC of it to help you further. There are car buffs out there that are looking for a rare 37 year old car in close to origional condition, and others willing to fully restore them.

Thank you so much for the help! I had no idea it could sell so high, especially since he bought it so much cheaper. Here are some pics I took a while back. Obviously, it isn't looking its best... yet.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Where is this car located? I owned a 1969 SDV, might be interested in this, but not for 6500.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Where is this car located? I owned a 1969 SDV, might be interested in this, but not for 6500.

It's in the CA Bay Area, which is a pretty general area but it could be sold to anyone within the area. By the way, I don't think we'll ask 6500. That's far more than I orginally thought... I was planning more along the lines of 2500-3500.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump... please don't kill me.

Jake did you sell the car yet ? Sorry it has taken me a while to get back here, I did see the PICS and it does look rough so maybe something in the 3000 to 4000 range. Did you get a a chance to look at Hemmings Motor News?

MR See

Archived