CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trunk Pull Down

bowtie123

I'm astonished it doesn't already have this feature! I took for granted all Cadillacs had it. My '87 Coupe has this feature.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

I'm astonished it doesn't already have this feature! I took for granted all Cadillacs had it. My '87 Coupe has this feature.

I think the 2000 Deville was the last sedan to have this feature,

and the 2002 Eldorado was the last Cadillac to have it.

I think it was a liability issue if someone got their fingers caught under the trunk.

I think the 2000 Deville was the last sedan to have this feature,

and the 2002 Eldorado was the last Cadillac to have it.

I think it was a liability issue if someone got their fingers caught under the trunk.

The 1999 Deville was the last Deville to have the power pull-down.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Being that the 2000 DeVille was totally redesigned, and '99 was the last DeVille to have it, and the 2000-2002 Eldorados aren't similar to the 00-05 DeVilles, I'd say that installing one on an '04 model DeVille would be a total custom job. Probably not impossible, but probably not "bolt-on" either.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I always liked the feature, never had to slam the hood, just pull down till it clicks, it does the rest.

buuuuuut all them times I've been at the Peace Bridge (crossing into canada or into the US) the customs guys slam it...wonder why it didn't close all the way and push down on it...if it wasn't me who did it the other would always slam it.

Once I tell them it has it however they always say "oh thats a neat idea" but think because of the above the decided to do away with it.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Actually I have had a few Cadillac's with the pull down trunk feature In all reality NOT much of an feature you still had to pull the deck lid down to engage the the locking mechanism The ones I have now do not have the pull down & it's fine with me It was an option that made no difference to me I like the open trunk feature it makes it nice to open the trunk by a push of the button

Jim

think because of the above the decided to do away with it.

Nah, Cadillac dropped that feature to add to the bottom line...the same as the elimination of opra lights, trumpet horns, lamp monitors, etc.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived