CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

spark plugs

burekv

I pulled one of my plugs today and it had only 1 tip. It was not a dual platinum plug., And checking around town i cannot find anyone who sell dual platinum plugs. Even on line all places only have the single platinum which is part number 41-950. I drive a 97 STS so which plugs do i need and if they do have a dual platinum plug where do i buy them. Please help

41-950 sounds like the dual platinum plug no. You will see the platinum pad on the ground electrode of a dual platinum plug.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for the help, but on my plug there is only 1 L shaped metal piece that goes over the tip. If it is a dual platinum shouldn't there be 2 L shaped thingamagigs that go over the tip. I hope i described it well enough. Any more help would of course be appreciated.

the L shaped piece of metal is the ground lug. the only plug i can think of that does not have that style of ground lug is the bosch+4. they have 4 side terminals. the ac-delco 41-950 is the correct plug for your car. i put them in my 96. there is a tiny platinum tip on the underside of the ground lug so that is what they mean by dual tip. hard to see.

The 41-950 is dual platinum tipped. Both center and ground electrode have platinum pads.

The Bosch (1-4s whatever) only have platinum at the center electrode, the ground electrode(s) are not platinum tipped. Northstars are designed for dual tipped platinum plugs.

Use the AC 41-950s

these might work for you: Autolite Ignition APP605

Spark Plugs: Double Platinum; 4 Pack; Price Is Per Spark Plug

this is one line:

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?

SourceArea=SHOP&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=ATL&MfrPartNumber=APP605&PartType=960&PTSet=A

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived