CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Would you like a flush with that?

JimD

Thanks Jim, good article, it pretty much echos our sentiments.....profit

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The local news station where i live did a story on a few lube shops ahd found that sometimes they didn't change the oil, sometimes the didn't change the filter, sometimes they would sucker you into a service they wont even perform.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

The local news station where i live did a story on a few lube shops ahd found that sometimes they didn't change the oil, sometimes the didn't change the filter, sometimes they would sucker you into a service they wont even perform.

Were any of these franchise shops? If I go to a shop for an oil change, I will check the dipstick to make sure they did the job. Once I brought my Eldo to a Jiffy Lube and the next change I brought it to an Oil Well and was told the pan screw was loose. :rolleyes: That's why I try to change it myself.

yeah change it yourself and know whats in it and its done right, I believe they did the "stings" on Jiffy Lubes actually.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Would you like a flush with that?

Sounds like a question posed by a men's room attendant. How appropriate. :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Its called "up sell"

In the days of points and carburetors you would get a "tune-up"... and even though most cars built after '75 had electronic ignition systems and most cars built after 1980 had "sealed" carburetors that did not stop lots (most) drivers from having the annual tune up... what exactly was being done? New PCV maybe? replace 8 perfectly good plugs?... that about it...

Most people now know that on modern computer controlled cars (basically everything built after 1990) Tune ups are not required... So shops (and quick lube places) are turning to the FLUSH!

Beware the common oil change :ph34r::ph34r: All outfits, and this includes the dealerships, will try to up sell services that you don't need...

I have a old friend of mine you owns a "quick lube" franchise... His target is $75 a car per oil change! He frequently offers bonuses and rewards to his employees who meet and exceed this target... He is rarely under this target and his average usually exceeds $90. He says his favourite customers are the posers with 4x4 diesel Dodge Trucks who request synthetic oil... His staff have no trouble talking these guys into over $400 worth of service. (front diff, rear diff, transfer case, tranny, rad, brakes, steering.....)

BTW over 90% of his business are repeat customers... They love him and his shop!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived