CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Whats your next car gonna be?

eldoman95

MINI Cooper.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Our next vehicle will be a 1999/2000 Chrysler Town & Country, for the wife. The Mopar minivans are the only ones we really like, and we don't care for the styling on the 2001 and later ones. She currently drives the SLS, but she's a homemaker and we don't have any kids yet, so it usually is just parked in the garage all week. I drive my '95 Nissan 4x4 to work and back. When we get the van, I hope to keep driving my Nissan daily, and keep the SLS in the garage and bring it out only on nice days (much like it is now). I will have my Seville for as long as I can forsee...hopefully forever.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

DTS's are nice. question though... whats the diff between DTS and DHS. curious. dont know much about deville.

DTS = Deville Touring Sedan

DHS = Deville Highluxury Sedan

Deville = "Base" Deville

DTS gets the L37 engine, DHS and Deville the LD8. DTS gets bucket seats and console, DHS and Deville a bench. Stuff like that.

By the way, when you said "TRADERS" above, did you mean traitors, or did you really mean traders? Because I guess you can buy something else and be a traitor, but if you trade in your Cadillac for something else, you'd be a traitor AND a trader!

whats the L37?  the 300HP northstar?  is the LD8 the 275HP northstar?

L37 = 300 hp, 295 lb*ft of torque

LD8 = 275 hp, 300 lb*ft of torque

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/northstar.html

Except if you have a 93 or 94 -- those are 5 units less on all accounts, horsepower and torque.

who was it that wanted a mini.. good god! ill run you over after i put monster tires on my caddy! check out my caddy at

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/630378

Run me over??? LOLOLOL!!!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

i like to cruise the forest! lol :lol:

I saw that but I also read the last line....LOL!!!

I plan on keeping my STS and BUILDING my next car! Maybe a "KIT" car from VSE in California (Herb Adams is a family friend) or maybe a 1969 Camaro "pro touring" type car with a big block and a 6-speed. It will be a long-term project that moves along only as fast as the extra money comes in!!!!!!!

New? I'm still liking the new Chysler 300C. Or that new Dodge Magnum. If price was no object, a CTS-V+ (at only $75K it's probably a steal if you know someone who can get you one of the 600 or so they are planning to build).

Used? A 2002 ETC "Collector Series" would be nice, but hard to find (only 1600 were made). If I couldn't find one when I was ready to buy, I'd take any of the 95-99 Eldorado models (provided I would be able to also keep my STS).

Classic? A early-80's vintage Sedan deVille. "You may not drive... a great big Cadillac... gangster whitewalls, TV antenna in the back... but just be thankful for what you've got... Diamonds in the back, sun roof top, diggin' the scene with a gangster lean..."

Dream Car? 1964 Corvair Convertible turbo, converted into a autocross racer.

I've been driving Cadillacs for 30 years now. Does that answer your question?

Hey eldoman, my daughter is going to be in need of a car when she graduates in Dec. We are just starting to think about it now. If you run across a nice '96 or '97 SLS with low miles and can make me a good deal I might be able to generate some interest. Email me if you come up with something.

Archived