CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HEATER PROBLEM

PAUL T

It all started with my 94 Concours when the "low Refrigerant" message came on and thus threw the climate control into "Econ". I know why this happens, the air conditioner probably needs a good recharge after about 10 years of service. The problem is that since then the heater has not worked right. The first thing I noticed was the "outside temp" was 30+/- degrees too high. Next you had to turn the temperature up to 85 to get any real heat in the car. Now I am having to turn the temperature up to 90 to make the car heat up. I do not think the heater core is the problem, it gets pretty warm when you turn it to 90. I did notice that the outside sensor is just dangling from where ever it was mounted. My question is, does the outside temperature sensor have anything to do with the temperature inside the car or is there a sensor in the car that controls it? Is the little ball in the dash grill what controls the inside temperature? Let me know because my 92 Deville just started doing the samething.

There is an aspirator, a small grill in the dash that draws in cabin air to an incar sensor which compares incar air tempurature to set tempurature. Look for the small grill somewhere in the dash and make sure the hose or tubing behind it is connected. I don't think the outside air temp sensor has anything to do with the incar setting.

If the outside temp. is 30 degrees off - I would suspect the sensor behind the grill.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I did a check according to the service manual and everything points to the outside sensor. Hopefully this will take care of the heating problem, I will keep you posted.

Archived