CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac hood ornament

laurentkm3

I have a 1980 Cadillac coupe deville. I want a hood ornament with the crest around it. Someone said that I can use a different year cadillac deville or feetwood ornament.

The base of the deville is a rectangular shape.

Anyone knoe what years and/or model cadillac embelems I could use????

THANKS!

L

A 1980-1992 Fleetwood Brougham hood ornament will be a direct replacement. They were called Brougham and Brougham d'Elegance from 1987-1992.

You might need to transfer your existing base to the new ornament as the Sedan/Coupe Devilles of your era had a narrow chrome strip running along the centerline of the hood. The Fleetwood/Broughams had the chrome on the raised portions of the hood and not the center.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

For those RWD models, I believe the wreath and crest-only bases were the same - a simple modification. There are so many with wreaths, that the standard RWD DeVille ornaments are somewhat of a novelty, especially the rare see-through versions of the mid-'70s.

Not all 1980-1992 RWD Cadillacs had interchangeable hood ornaments. Broughams had the rectangle base ornament....some and maybe all DeVille's had a smaller oval base ornament. The way to tell the differnce is that some had a chrome strip down the full length of the middle of the hood. Cars with this chrome strip have the small oval base and cars without this strip have the rectangular base ornament.

Some of the 2000, and possibly other model year cars also had hood ornaments IF they had the night vision camera mounted in the grill. The night vision camera opening was placed where the crest would normally be located, in the center of the grill. This made it necesarry to mount the ornament on the hood. This could have been a flat ornament and not a standup one however.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Broughams had the rectangle base ornament....some and maybe all DeVille's had a smaller oval base ornament. The way to tell the differnce is that some had a chrome strip down the full length of the middle of the hood. Cars with this chrome strip have the small oval base and cars without this strip have the rectangular base ornament.

I guess there's an exception to every rule! I believe the 1980 DeVille in question does not have a wind-split moulding. IIRC, it's a 1982-84 DeVille feature. I've never owned one from this period - not enough power. :)

Yes, I agree they didn't have near enough power. I had a 1984 Cadillac DeVille 48" stretch limo. It was a dog. It had the small oval base hood ornament. The car was a fun toy though.

the de'elegance editions had the extra chrome trim, devilles had the none wreath crest, fleetwoods had the crest wreath combo, look for an 80-85 fleetwood (either de'eledance or not depending on what you have) and it should be a direct swap of the ortiment directly into your base.

i did have 2 of those (82 fleetwood brougham de'elegance, and an 84 cdv de'elegance) both with the (pillow top) veloure interiors, awsome comfort, but the 4.1 although half way reliable (with perfect maintenance) was a dog...although I did manage to throw the back end out close to 60 degress from a standing stop (on really wet grass :D )

Archived