CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I miss my Deville

Ranger

As much as I like the SLS, I really miss the size of the Deville, not to mention the White Diamond. The DHS has all the features of the SLS with the exception of the console (maybe I can pull a Logan) :D. I spotted an '03 DHS at a local dealer I bought my '92 from. It is a White Diamond with 11K on it. Think I may take a ride tomorrow just to see how bad they want to sell it.

Ranger, It sure sounds like you want to get a console in the Deville so you can not be concerned about fitting six people into the car. So how much more room are you needing in comparison to the SLS? I wish they had an STS option with bench seats and the shift on the tree so we could fit six in the car. I miss that compared to the Deville. Otherwise, sizewize, I could fit tons o crud in both, and gain lots owieght if I wanted to. And if I grew real tall, a sunroof! :D

No, not concerned about getting 6 people in it at all. I do have people in the back seat on occassion and back seat real estate is scarce in the SLS. I love the console, floor shift and analoge guages. The DHS has analogue. I could live with the column shift. I just miss the over all size and feel a bit cramped. I'm sure most of it is perception but I can see a bit more room in my garage. I also really miss the White Diamond. I thought Crimson Pearl could grow on me but it just ain't happening. I don't know for sure if I will do it, but it usually starts like this.

Ill trade you even up! :P

post-2998-1144029676.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I wish you luck in your selection of a new car. A car can really make you happy or P.O.ed. I have come to the conclusion that since having a car is almost a requirement for the majority of Americans you might as well have one that is fun. The Deville is a great car and we have both the STS and Deville in a garage next to eachother and the Deville is more "massive". Not by much though and alot could be explained by styling and our response to it. Anyway, chosing a new car should get your excitement level going, have a good time.

No, not concerned about getting 6 people in it at all. I do have people in the back seat on occassion and back seat real estate is scarce in the SLS. I love the console, floor shift and analoge guages. The DHS has analogue. I could live with the column shift. I just miss the over all size and feel a bit cramped. I'm sure most of it is perception but I can see a bit more room in my garage. I also really miss the White Diamond. I thought Crimson Pearl could grow on me but it just ain't happening. I don't know for sure if I will do it, but it usually starts like this.

A temping offer indeed Mike, but I think you may have to sweeten the pie just a wee bit. :lol:

New Struts (passive)

New Strut Mounts

New Springs

New LF Hub

Llamar Tint

Trunk Mounted CD Player

Cerwin Vegas front and rear

New ball joints

New Strut Rod Bushings

New Stabilizer bar bushings

New AC compressor, condenser, accumulator

New tensioner, and idler wheel

New blower motor

New seat spring

New seat switch

New battery

New Windshield

New water pump and belt

All new hoses

New Brakes

New vacuum hose (to tank)

New level control pressure hose (rear struts)

Coolant changed on time

Tranny Fluid changed at 46K

Sweet enough? :lol: I am hoping to sell this soon and buy an STS (1999 or so)

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I love the console, floor shift and analoge guages. The DHS has analogue. I could live with the column shift. I just miss the over all size and feel a bit cramped.

I like the "tight" feel of my interior. I guess that's what makes it a "personal" luxo-boat. :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I've always missed my devilles i had 4, and the SLS was my first seville. Theres not as much room and the deville will get bettter MPG. I totally understand.

Michael -

Actually, I think I am getting a tad better milage with the SLS than the '97 Deville, but that is one reason I want the DHS vs the DTS.

Ranger,

We have been driving an '05 DHS rental (with 21,000-miles) for about a week and my wife thinks it is smaller than our BRD "Big Red Dog" '94 Concours. I know we have had the interior specifications for the pre and post 2000 DeVille and SeVille models posted on this board before - and there seems to be almost no differances. However, there is something about it that seems a bit smaller (I had a hard time getting enough legroom untill the seat was tweaked to the max). Maybe its got a lower entry roofline? I'm not sure how or who does the measuring. "Be carefull using facts, they can be used to prove anything."

Our little nephews liked the "butt-heat" in the back seat, but the rest of the car was about the same (granted tighter and quieter). She did not like the bland silver or muted two-tone interior (we would probably like the Crimson Pearl). Unfortunately, we had to get some Amor All interior wipes etc and clean it up ourselves, shame on Hertz (they wanted to pass off a Lincoln Town Car on me again). I was surprised to find that Hertz replaced the in-dash XM radio with Sirius, (which is what we have back home).

I had considered a 04-ish DTS, but now I may have to wait until "the new" is off of an '06 - if they are OK with "She who must be obeyed".

I suggest that you rent any Caddy-model that you might purchase for a week or so if possible.

We will be heading back to ORD tomorrow morning, so I'll wave to ya at the US-20 tollbooth (or you might be waving to our plane from your control tower).

All IMHO

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

A temping offer indeed Mike, but I think you may have to sweeten the pie just a wee bit. :lol:

New Struts (passive)

New Strut Mounts

New Springs

New LF Hub

Llamar Tint

Trunk Mounted CD Player

Cerwin Vegas front and rear

New ball joints

New Strut Rod Bushings

New Stabilizer bar bushings

New AC compressor, condenser, accumulator

New tensioner, and idler wheel

New blower motor

New seat spring

New seat switch

New battery

New Windshield

New water pump and belt

All new hoses

New Brakes

New vacuum hose (to tank)

New level control pressure hose (rear struts)

Coolant changed on time

Tranny Fluid changed at 46K

Sweet enough? :lol: I am hoping to sell this soon and buy an STS (1999 or so)

Mike you in a sports car ? how hip :P hehe

Michael :)

Well I looked at it and it was a very nice car but they wanted waaay too much to trade. The only way I would make this move is if I sell privately. Not sure I want to bother.

TDK,

Where are you? If you're eastbound on I90 to ORD you're not far away as you pass under RT47. Who are you flying? Where are you flying to and what time?

Ranger,

DBQ now but wheels up at 06:11:00 local time, April 4, 2006.

FP (stop included) notes traversing 90 East exit 36 US-at apx 08:33:00 then passing thru Exit 32 Rt-47 at apx 08:34:35. We have stopped at Huntley before, but probably not this time (suitcases already full).

Arrival at ORD terminal uncertain; but a good drink, a good woman and a good book (one/multiples of the above in any order) makes moot such time-issues. {And that comment alone should make for good comments...}

Riding (not doing the driving) to Den then RNO.

Thanks for arranging better weather than when we came in.

Good luck with your hunt!

Wheel up at 0611! Good God man, that is one early wake up. Huntley is just south of me. Next time let me know in advance. If your willing to drive 5 miles farther north, I'll have lunch ready, or at least "she who is never obeyed" will. :lol:

Note I said "lunch", not breakfast at 0400.

Ranger,

Thanks for the invite!

We were back this time for her dad's funeral (kinda expected but a downer all the same...). :(

We already have another set of tickets (Midway that time, but still I90...) for another niece's wedding in mid-June. B)

Through my bungling, I'll arrange to lose/destroy all (well, most anyway) of her shoes en-route so she has to re-stock at Huntley! Well dear, why don't you sop those tears from your eyes with a credit card in those multiple dozens of stores - while I take a look at this Crimson Pearl SLS near the tavern. ;)

What a simple, devious plan... :rolleyes:

Yes, the 1994-96 had more of that 1970's big open space easy to get in and out of style to it. If you need a car thats easy to get in and out of Try an Roadmaster or a Fleetwood . Gotta love those cars !!!!!

Michael :)

Archived