CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Interesting Site on Vehicle Safety

Ed Hall

Interesting. Why such a big difference between Seville and Eldorado in terms of safety?

I think it should be taken into consideration who drives a specific model. Say, teens driving Camaros versus grandmas driving Mercury Grand Marquises. If you switch the drivers results may change dramatically.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I think it should be taken into consideration who drives a specific model. Say, teens driving Camaros versus grandmas driving Mercury Grand Marquises. If you switch the drivers results may change dramatically.

Good point! All of these safety reports while interesting fail to note the number one safety feature in any vehicle is the driver... Case in point... about 5 years ago the whole industry and media was all the rage over vehicle's center of gravity and rollovers... I read a very interesting article that pointed out the most top heavy vehicle in the US was a "British Style" double decker bus... and one of the lowest was the Chevy Corvette.... At that time the Corvette was number one in the nation in rollover accidents...

roll overs... even "tip/fall overs" in the tall buses... zero...

Hmmm

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Interesting. Why such a big difference between Seville and Eldorado in terms of safety?

I could not find where it shows the difference between the Seville and Eldorado in terms of safety. Correct me if I'm wrong, the website only shows Vehicle Scores for 2004-2006 models.

IPB Image

Oh yeah, they do list the Driver Fatility Rates for 94-97 & 99-02 models. Is this where you were looking? If you compare the Calculated Vehicle Scores and the Vehicle Driver Fatility Rates, they are different probably most likely due to the type of driver.

IPB Image

I could not find where it shows the difference between the Seville and Eldorado in terms of safety. Correct me if I'm wrong, the website only shows Vehicle Scores for 2004-2006 models.

Ed,

Click 1994-1997 vehicles. Seville is 5th from the top, Eldorado is 34th.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The statistics don't seem consistant. On the 99 to 02 list, the Eldorado is #13. On the 94-97 list, it drops all the way to #34. Funny, they're all the same car. <_<

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Ed,

Click 1994-1997 vehicles. Seville is 5th from the top, Eldorado is 34th.

What you're looking at is Driver Fatility Rates. They don't factor that in to get their Vehicle Safety Scores. Take a look at the 2006 Vehicle Scores and you'll find that Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis and Ford Crown Victoria all got identical scores. However, I'm sure their Driver Fatility Rates are different and would fluctuate from year to year.

If 2006 Eldorados were still being made, most likely they would have received very similar Vehicle Safety Scores to the Seville.

IPB Image

Archived