CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A while back I changed the ability to add a poll to be a Supporter only feature. That seems in keeping with a premium feature.

The majority vote was to have polls in a separate forum, but as I suspected once polls became somewhat more exclusive, we would get a lot fewer polls. This turned out to be the case, so perhaps it is not such an issue now?

Another option for polls is to have them not 'bubble to the top' of the new message list when someone votes in the poll, but only when someone remarks in the poll topic.

Anyone else have thoughts on what they would like to see or not see? I guess I am comfortable with the current state, although perhaps we have too few polls running along atm, as the info/insight provided from some of the polls is very helpful.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Another option for polls is to have them not 'bubble to the top' of the new message list when someone votes in the poll, but only when someone remarks in the poll topic.

I agree with that 100%, if that's an option in the software. Otherwise, I think I would support a separate section for polls only, since they are interesting to see, and certainly a good feature. I think they either get lost in the shuffle, or overpower the rest of the messages, if they're in the main discussion area.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I posted a poll out of curiousity both for the question and to see how it worked. Just a guess here but I think they may slow down as time goes by.

As far as not "bubbling to the top", that might be a good idea but then they will never get an accurate "reading" as they will be lost in the back. I am surprised that mine is still getting replies. Thought it would be dead and buried in a few days. Not sure if that is good or bad. Guess it depends on the subject. One thought might be to put an expireation date or automatically expire (close) after a week or two.

Archived