CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 Deville

CadillacJohn

Inspect the spark plugs - I suspect that half of them may be missing the platinum pad on the ground electrodes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Probably time for new wires as well. Stick with A/C Delco. Have you had the fuel rail recall done? That is a common problem afterwards. Been there, done that. Plugs & wires curred the problem.

Probably time for new wires as well. Stick with A/C Delco. Have you had the fuel rail recall done? That is a common problem afterwards. Been there, done that. Plugs & wires curred the problem.

I have yet to have the recall repairs done could this be the possible problem?

Any diagnostic codes showing? Any particular time this occurs. light acceleration, on take-off,etc.?

There are no codes showig at all. If Iam driving at a steady speed you can feel engine sputtering.

No, lack of having the recall done will not cause your problem. The recall is to prevent an engine fire from a leaking fuel rail. I would think plugs and wires will solve your problem.

See if this sounds familiar.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4068&hl=

I would start with the plugs and wires. Check it at night with a water spray bottle and see if sparks fly. I had a coil go bad and it caused a hesitation at light acceleration.

Archived