CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Winter Wonderland

WarrenJ

Well, I'm sure we all enjoyed those wonderful Fall photos of our vehicles, but now we got THIS CRAP!! And it's still coming down.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/DSCF0314.jpg (120KB)

The next S.O.B. that tells me about global warming better have proof! :unsure::unsure:

Yeah,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I'm properly humbled.

Regards,

Warren ;)

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 3 weeks later...

snow hit us again today here in middle Germany, took me 2.5 hours to go 85 kms (55 mls). Caddy performed flawlessly, it's the traffic which slowed me down so much. These beasts really do go well in the snow, especially with good snow tires.

Stefan

PS took this picture in front of our house when I returned...

post-1136-1141406475.jpg

Hey Stefan,

How do make those thumbnails to post on posts. I'll show ya all some snow we got last sunday

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Rickster,

I used the "file attachments" field below the space where you enter your post's text and loaded it up from my computer. It created the thumbnail automatically. Maybe b/c the original file was about 90kB?

I know there are places with more snow, hehehe show me!

Problem here is we've got massive amount of truck traffic, coming from and going to the former eastern block. Lots of labor and manufacturing is transferred to poland / russia etc (does that sound familiar...) resulting in truck traffic. These trucks are often old / not maintained / eqipped with bald tires and break down or cause accidents as soon as the weather goes bad. The slightest snowy hill and they can't move on and block everything. Too bad we've got quite some hills here!

Stefan

Only because it's interesting . . . . can you spot a crane in this photo?

post-416-1141463786_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

That photo should be published. The branch running through separates the body from wing and the textured ice bottom gives the impression of a body, and there is even a small bubble that looks like an eye.

Rickster,

I used the "file attachments" field below the space where you enter your post's text and loaded it up from my computer. It created the thumbnail automatically. Maybe b/c the original file was about 90kB?

I know there are places with more snow, hehehe show me!

Problem here is we've got massive amount of truck traffic, coming from and going to the former eastern block. Lots of labor and manufacturing is transferred to poland / russia etc (does that sound familiar...) resulting in truck traffic. These trucks are often old / not maintained / eqipped with bald tires and break down or cause accidents as soon as the weather goes bad. The slightest snowy hill and they can't move on and block everything. Too bad we've got quite some hills here!

Stefan

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I'm thinking machinery, not ice carving of a bird... :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived