CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi! Major spinout last night

Dustin S

Hey. Last night, we were traveling and

...wait! Let me guess! You spun out? :o

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

...remembered that I forgot to pay my ISP invoice? :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I have never managed to spin any of my cars, even the 914 back when. Now the 944 did pirouette in the snow, but never really spun it.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have never managed to spin any of my cars, even the 914 back when.  Now the 944 did pirouette in the snow, but never really spun it.

Oh, I've done a couple of great 360's over the years. Never lost complete control, or ended up in the weeds, just got it pointed in the same direction as it started. Fortunately, alone on the road, to fast, wet...you get it :blink:

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Hi

I have managed to spin out a few cars through the years.Sometimes it was just go off the road but a few times it was into a solid object( a tree)one time I actually put the right front wheel in the passanger seat, I really smacked that tree.

Good Luck

Jim

I did a controlled "180" during an emergency stop with my '83 Chevy.

A tractor trailer was coming down a street and passed a double-parked car and cut me off as I was approaching from the other direction. I hit the brakes, flipped the wheel, and the car spun 180 degrees and went right into a parking space albeit, I was pointed in the "wrong" direction in the space. The tractor trailer driver's jaw dropped as he watched me pull off this emergency "stunt" move. His tractor cleared the rear of my car by literally 1 or 2 seconds at the most as he sped by. He was at fault since you're supposed to yield to oncoming traffic if you are passing a double-parked car, which he didn't do thus forcing me to react to his stupidity and careless driving. He literally pulled into my lane, oncoming traffic, and didn't care. <_>

Ironically, if I had ABS on that car, I would have been involved in an accident since those brakes don't allow for lock up which can sometimes actually work to your advantage.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

When wife and I were dating, we would sneak my '62 Nova 2dr hardtop out on the city's ice skating rinks at about 3am (vacant and wide open)and kill the lights.

Screaming 360's, 720's, 1,440's 'til your'e ready to puke! Dont' t ever tell the kids she said... Fine no kids here right?

That little car spent as nearly as much time in controlled drifts, as straight lines. No wonder both ball joints let go at speed (kinda like folding up the landing gear).

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived