CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

High Miles

Guest bbobynski

High miles mean ZIP. It's the way the car was driven and cared for during the accumulation of those miles that counts.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

High Miles mean more than zip... Try to get 200K+ out of a piece of crap car... I have managed to get high 100K+ miles out of many cars, but 225k out of a '94 Town Car used to tow sea doo's every summer. I keep it around so I don't have to tow with the '99 STS. Sure it matters how you treat the car, but many other cars I have owned didn't reach 200k, but not for the lack of me trying! my2cents

high miles mean accessories and pulleys will need replacing, stuff like water pumps, alternators... etc.

a guy at work has an '87Deville w/300k on it. Daily driver.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Marika,

High Miles mean more than zip... Try to get 200K+ out of a piece of crap car... I have managed to get high 100K+ miles out of many cars, but 225k out of a '94 Town Car used to tow sea doo's every summer. I keep it around so I don't have to tow with the '99 STS. Sure it matters how you treat the car, but many other cars I have owned didn't reach 200k, but not for the lack of me trying! my2cents

My 83 chevy is now at 200,000 miles and yes, it's had stuff replaced but the engine and trans are still going strong. Everything that needed to be fixed was.

The 66 Malibu is over 300,000 miles now and still on the same engine and trans. Yes, other stuff has been fixed, but it's still going strong.

I've seen cars that were useless and ready for the junk year and they were not even at 75,000 miles. They were abused and beat on and repairs were made with cheap aftermarket parts.

Granted, GM builds good engines and transmissions.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My parents have an '89 Olds Cutlas Cieria (sp?) Special edition with the 3.8 V6. Even thought the transmission was made for a 3.1 and shouldn't take that much power it was takedn out of everyday driving at over 290k. we also have a suburban that was as daily driver with 260k.

All of the cars that my parents have bought that I know of already had 100k+ on them and after being taken car of lasted another 100k+. But smart buying is everything. Get a reliable car and even if you buy it at 110k it will still give you 150k+ more.

-Roswell-

Archived