CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DRAIN RADIATOR

NINAROSS

well i took off the radiator hose on the top and the bottom, flushed the radiator, i didnt use the bars leak pellents i used thebars leak liquid aluminum stuff, it seems to have worked pretty well i havent had any leakage so far! thanks for your help!

im sorry but im not very car literate and i really didnt know the difference i thought it was okay as long as it said bars leak..the aluminum stuff held up maybe 2 days now once again i have a leak and its worse of then before. its three holes along the right side where the grooves are on the radiator, the holes are probably around 1/4 of an inch in diameter. excuse my french but im basically like fluck it im just going to get a new radiator,but i was trying to buy some time until i got the money to get it done correctly..is it no temporary fix for my problem???

When your heater core gets plugged, you'll know it. NO HEAT. If you have 1/4" diameter holes in your radiator, no amount of sealer is going to fix that. Who was shooting at you and why? :D

If my radiator was leaking that bad I would cut away the the cooling fins and pinch off the leaking parts of the core with a pair of pliers. This would only be temporary fix until a new radiator could be installed. Or you could stick small pieces of wood in the holes. When the wood gets wet it expands and seals the holes. But I think you need a new radiator. Don't worry they're not that expensive.

When your heater core gets plugged, you'll know it. NO HEAT. If you have 1/4" diameter holes in your radiator, no amount of sealer is going to fix that. Who was shooting at you and why? :D

HA, if n-e body was shooting at me id like to know why too! :D

Thanks Dan ill try ur suggestions, cant get to a radiator shop until thursday though!

Archived