CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ISC RPM out of range

bigjayzway

I am getting a p030 code on my 94 Deville with a 4.9 engine.

What on earth do I need to do now?

I am holding a can of gas, and a book of matches.....I am tired of this car right now!

Everytime I fix something, another thing goes wrong!!!!!!!!!

Big Jay :angry:

Life is too short to grow up!

Jay,

i looked in the archives and the only thing i could find was someone saying it may be time to replace the ISC Motor??????

Whatever the hell that is

Matt B)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

I am tired of this car right now!

Before you set fire to it let me know, I'll pick it up and take the headache off your hands... Its part of owning a 12 model year old car...

Case in point, I have become friends with the attractive cashier at my local Cadillac dealer as I see her at least WEEKLY. Last week she said, I will see you next week for your WEEKLY parts FIX! :lol:

If you are not into an old car as a hobby, its best to buy a new one..complaining about an old car is illogical IMHO, nor does complaining contribute to FIXING it.

I consider it my vice, I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't cheat on my wife, I don't gamble, I OWN AN OLD CADDY! That's my VICE

I am holding a can of gas, and a book of matches.....I am tired of this car right now!

If you hear a pretty loud ratcheting noise coming from the ISC motor when you shut the car off it is an indication the motor needs to be replaced. Not a big deal. Last fall I put the third ISC motor. I spend some $200-300 a year for parts. I do all the repairs myself, but sometimes have to rent a hoist. I do think my time and the money spent well worth driving a 91 Seville. Yes, you are right evry time I fix something I already know what will be go to south next, or even worse I do not know... :D Owing a used car gives one a good opportunity to learn. Would yoou disassembee say, a properly working water pump just to see how it's done? :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Where is the ISC motor, and what is it?

Big Jay :huh:

Where is the ISC motor, and what is it?

Big Jay :huh:

It is a motor driven by ECM. It does not let RPM drop when you let the gas pedal off and it sets the RPM high enough when you start the car.

post-3-1123772950_thumb.jpg

Awesome guys.

Thank you.

Big Jay :D

If you hear a pretty loud ratcheting noise coming from the ISC motor when you shut the car off it is an indication the motor needs to be replaced. Not a big deal. Last fall I put the third ISC motor. I spend some $200-300 a year for parts. I do all the repairs myself, but sometimes have to rent a hoist. I do think my time and the money spent well worth driving a 91 Seville. Yes, you are right evry time I fix something I already know what will be go to south next, or even worse I do not know... :D Owing a used car gives one a good opportunity to learn. Would yoou disassembee say, a properly working water pump just to see how it's done? :)

if I have the hood up, and I have the engine running, then shut it off I can hear ISC motor making the noise you describe a few times. But it has ALWAYS done this for the two years I've owned it, and no one I've talked to seems to think it is an issue.

do I have a problem here?

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

if I have the hood up, and I have the engine running, then shut it off I can hear ISC motor making the noise you describe a few times. But it has ALWAYS done this for the two years I've owned it, and no one I've talked to seems to think it is an issue.

do I have a problem here?

-dave B)

Did I mention opening the hood? You can hear a bad ISC motor from the driver seat with the windows up. ;)

I must tell you I had many problems with my 97 4.9L when I first got her. The worst was having to replace the engine. I also had the same problem with my ISC motor, it made that same rachet sound. I got expert instructions on how to re adjust it. It was only out of adjustment and had that same code. When I followed Bbobs instruction ( the short version) it was fine and no longer makes that rachet sound. I just can not find the post ware I was given the instructions from Guru. ( the short version ) I keep saying the short version because that is what he sent me, it was very to the point and quick and fixed it right up. I hope I can find the posts or maybe Guru will see this and re post the instructions for you. Hey Scotty, do you remember this, you first gave me the instructions in great detail. I had trouble understanding how to do it then Guru sent the quick version. I got pretty good with the on board computer since, I bet I could follow the long instructions now. LOL

uhum....I don't think we will ever find that post again :(

I hope someone else knows how to do it?

Man that is a sad reminder!

Big Jay :(

What exactly are you looking for? I think all posts with his name have been deleted.

I am fine, it is Matt. I informed him, so all is good!

Big Jay

Case in point, I have become friends with the attractive cashier at my local Cadillac dealer as I see her at least WEEKLY.

I consider it my vice, ....I don't cheat on my wife... I own a Caddy...

Ya but you seem to be doing a lot of flirting with that cashier...

Careful Scotty…

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Case in point, I have become friends with the attractive cashier at my local Cadillac dealer as I see her at least WEEKLY. 

Careful Scotty…

Flirt? Na... She just makes it a little easier for me to PART with my MONEY! :lol:

Careful Scotty…

Flirt? Na... She just makes it a little easier for me to PART with my MONEY! :lol:

:lol: LMAO :lol:

Big Jay

Archived