CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I Have A Very Bad Feeling Baout This

stswulf

The ac and or vent cuts out on my 1996 Seville when randomly when im driving, up hill especially

CLASSIC symptoms of a vacuum hose leak.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Check the vacuum hose that runs to the canister underneath where the battery mounts. It's very common for that hose to get corroded with battery acid and "leak" vacuum. Fix that leak (or wherever you might find the leak) and you'll be good to go.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Now I have another problem to go look for, On wide open throttles, my air conditioner cuts out and blows warm air. And all this time I was content thinking it was designed to cut off the air to get back the horsepower that the air compressor uses

Now I have another problem to go look for, On wide open throttles, my air conditioner cuts out and blows warm air. And all this time I was content thinking it was designed to cut off the air to get back the horsepower that the air compressor uses

In that case, it does. At WOT, the A/C compressor is locked out. But if you have the problem were the air quits blowing all together, it's usually a vacuum leak and the air mix door is falling closed.

But if you have the problem were the air quits blowing all together, it's usually a vacuum leak and the air mix door is falling closed.

The air mix door varies the temperature of the discharged air by varying the proportion of air that passes through the heater core, not the volume or the point of delivery. If no air is being discharged from any vent, the HVAC blower motor or related circuitry would be suspect. Vacuum problems may result in an incorrect delivery mode (e.g. cool air from the heater vents), but not an absence of air blowing. There is always a default path for air delivery when there is a loss of vacuum control.

But if you have the problem were the air quits blowing all together, it's usually a vacuum leak and the air mix door is falling closed.

The air mix door varies the temperature of the discharged air by varying the proportion of air that passes through the heater core, not the volume or the point of delivery. If no air is being discharged from any vent, the HVAC blower motor or related circuitry would be suspect. Vacuum problems may result in an incorrect delivery mode (e.g. cool air from the heater vents), but not an absence of air blowing. There is always a default path for air delivery when there is a loss of vacuum control.

Kevin, you are correct. I mis-spoke when I said the "air mix door". What I meant was the door that controls which vents the air comes out of (defrost, face, floor, etc). Whatever door that is called. :) Usually when this problem happens, you get the perception that there's no air coming from the system, when in actuality it's going to defroster/floor vents under periods of low vacuum.

Archived