CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OLM Question

Poobah

My remaining oil life is down to 9% so I'm getting the CHANGE OIL SOON message on the driver information center. I have an appointment next week to change the coolant, service the air conditioner and other summer service items. I plan to change the oil at that time so I figured I'd just reset the OLM now to avoid getting the message all weekend long. Guess what? It won't reset! Does the oil have to be physically drained before the OLM will reset?

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

My remaining oil life is down to 9% so I'm getting the CHANGE OIL SOON message on the driver information center. I have an appointment next week to change the coolant, service the air conditioner and other summer service items. I plan to change the oil at that time so I figured I'd just reset the OLM now to avoid getting the message all weekend long. Guess what? It won't reset! Does the oil have to be physically drained before the OLM will reset?

I do not think so. Try again.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

You can reset the OLM regardless of whether you actually changed the oil. The car is trusting it's owner to be honest... ;)

Try holding down the reset a liitle longer until it blinks and goes to 100%.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Success!

I didn't remember having to hold the reset button down so long. I thought maybe the oil level sensor had to go to empty before the system would reset.

It's nice to know I'm still smarter than my car! :D

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived