CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

will this work???

davedog

well, in the time it took me to type the previous post he took the buy it now option off....had it for $35.....grrrr....that was a good price

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

well, in the time it took me to type the previous post he took the buy it now option off....had it for $35.....grrrr....that was a good price

It should work just fine. I think Homelink bought the patent rights on that product but I could be mistaken. They used to be produced by Prince Corporation (now Johnson Controls) in Holland, MI.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Cool! Thanks guys! I clicked on "See seller's other items" And found an actual Homelink opener for $40 buy-it-now! So I did. I've got Craftsman door openers, so I should work since thats a pretty major name brand.....I'll let you guys know. I'm hoping i can get it to work with both garage doors....that would be really neat! ;)

-dave B)

Our Grand Caravan has a built-in Homelink system, with the three buttons. I was surprised that I got both garage doors programmed in a snap, then I remembered that our house was built in '93, and I don't think they had the rolling code openers back then (ours are also Sears openers).

I understand that with the Cadillac Homelink "module" thing that plugs into the car, that you have to buy one that handles rolling code openers, if you have those. I think 1996 or thereabouts was the general changeover date.

I need to buy one for the Cadillac. It's great to have in the van...no batteries to replace ever and the range is incredible.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I'm always wary of programming the homelink so as to open the garage door to my home (I only have mine programmed to open the front gate, in our gated community). My thinking is that if a thief breaks in and steals my vehicle then they can easily enter into my home. If I'm at work, they would have several hours to ransack it.

I don't consider the Pass-key system infallible. It only temporarily delays a professional thief. I carry a miniature Chamberlain keychain remote instead.

our house was built in 92-93...somewhere in there with 2 craftsman openers....i'm alittle worried though because homelink's site says it will wrok with 288MHz-399MHz....i think the back of my remote says 139.xxx......

our house was built in 92-93...somewhere in there with 2 craftsman openers....i'm alittle worried though because homelink's site says it will wrok with 288MHz-399MHz....i think the back of my remote says 139.xxx......

I think the 139.xxx is the Sears part number...that looks like a Sears part number.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

thanks for the information guys....hopefully this will work and I didn't just waste $45.50 :o

Sounds like it will work though....I'l post I let ya'll know.

-dave B)

I bought one from eBay for my '94 STS and understood the rolling code one is the one with an amber light on the front. Worked perfectly with my Craftsman garage door opener... but the bummer is it won't work with my lighting system in the home.

Oh well, all I really wanted was it to open the garage.

I'm not even sure the model I got was an original '94 piece... I think it is an update version.

Adam

Yeah, I ordered one with the amber light/rolling codes capability. Although I doubt my garage door opener using rolling codes as it looks to be original to the house (93 or so). But just to be on the safe side, and in case I ever have to replace the opener, I sought out one with the amber light.

-dave B)

P.S. Shipped Monday afternoon.....should be here any day now....I'll let ya all know how it goes. :)

Recieved the homelink opener in the mail last light. Was SUPER-EASY to set up!!! Programmed both garage door openers in minutes! Woohoo!!!

-dave B)

Archived