CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Starting Car

adallak

Here is how I have been starting my car for more than two years, I had to replace a failed actuator inside the steering column right in a parking lot. ;) Later I fooled the antitheft with a resistor and disabled the steering wheel lock. Sooo...now I do not need any key. Just push the wire which goes all the way down to the ignition switch and start the car. Pull it back and it will shut down. I used to call my car a "tank" now I have one more reason to treat it as a military vehicle. :D

post-3-1120962745_thumb.jpg

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Funny key setup ...aren't you afraid of theft, or do you hope to encourage a lazy thief?

I had a similar system on my 1978 Datsun F10 ... the ignition tumblers collapsed around my key, so it couldn't be removed. I just covered the shiny part of the key in black tape so it wasn't noticeable.

You definitely get used to never reaching for a keychain ... years ahead of keyless ignitions and bluetooth technologies :D:D

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Funny key setup ...aren't you afraid of theft, or do you hope to encourage a lazy thief?

I had a similar system on my 1978 Datsun F10 ... the ignition tumblers collapsed around my key, so it couldn't be removed. I just covered the shiny part of the key in black tape so it wasn't noticeable.

You definitely get used to never reaching for a keychain ... years ahead of keyless ignitions and bluetooth technologies :D:D

:D There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix...

There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix...

Truer words was never spoke. ;)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Don't you get hassled by the cops???

Up here in Canada, if you were stopped at a R.I.D.E. program, or even a routine check they would keep you there forever, while they check EVERYTHING on the car. I got pulled over in my Yukon, and my ignition had no key in it(cause it fell out all the time) and I was there for 3 hours. Even though I showed him my key, and explained the situation. I had to wait for ALL the serial codes to be processed, and only then was I able to leave!

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Don't you get hassled by the cops???

Up here in Canada, if you were stopped at a R.I.D.E. program, or even a routine check they would keep you there forever, while they check EVERYTHING on the car. I got pulled over in my Yukon, and my ignition had no key in it(cause it fell out all the time) and I was there for 3 hours. Even though I showed him my key, and explained the situation. I had to wait for ALL the serial codes to be processed, and only then was I able to leave!

Big Jay

I live in a small town in PA and all the local cops see me all the time working on my car. They never bother me despite they have seen some of the "modifications" I have done. :D

My favorite is my '56 Chevy pickup...put a quarter, nickle, dime, (whatever you can dig out of your pocket, find in the ash tray or in the seat..), put it in the ignition switch, turn it and stomp the floor pedal..Voom!! Starts right up.Works like a charm... been like that since I got it in 1971... (for 125$ from the original owner..)

If'n it ain't really broke, why fix it..? ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived