CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Got stuck in the sand!

AaronM

Well that was fun!

I was on my way coming out of the beach. There is a narrow 1-way road coming out of the beach with sand on both sides. I was driving down this road coming out and all of a sudden I hear sirens. A cop was flying down the street one way street I was on in the wrong direction and wasn't going to stop! My first thought was to throw it in reverse and go backwards to the parking lot. But, there was someone behind me so I couldn't. The cop started making a strange sound with his siren that ment get out of the way. So, the only way was to fly off the road into the sand. Then, I knew I would get stuck. The person behind me has to do the same thing. I put it in reverse and slightly pressed on the gas to try and back up without spinning the tires. I ended up digging myself deeper. I had someone try pushing, but that didn't work. We tried several differnet approaches, but I ended up having the undercarage resting on the sand with my wheels spinning free, haha. The cop came around and said that if I needed to call a wrecker, the DNR office has a phone book. No sorry or anything. A crowd gathered around and all of them were talking about how fast he was driving for the environment. One person said that he wanted to get his badge number and report him. I finally got out of the sand when someone came with a toestrap and pulled me out.

What a day. :rolleyes:

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Haha! I never found out why he had his siren on.

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Archived