CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Leaking Coolant

STSJohn

My car was Parked in a Restaurant Parking Lot and was hit on the Driver Side 2 weeks ago (Not to bad considering a H2 backed into her!) All of a sudden I hear will the owners of a White Cadillac STS Please Report to the Parking lot so I went outside to see my girl crippled (Front Bumper,Grill,Lower grill, Fog light/bracket, Headlight, fender and radiator). The repairs were done at the caddy Dealership where I bought it from, they replaced the Radiator because it was Leaking. Now My Question is I just got my Car Back on Monday and Noticed that it is leaking Coolant all over the Place, I called the Dealership and they Explained that the car Has to be "Burped" because of air in the system so they towed it in and I got it back yesterday, Just Now I noticed under my car is a Puddle of Coolant.

My Question to everybody is, did anybody ever hear of this Burping thing before? And is it possible for it still to be burped a third time by them?

thanx in advance

John

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Dealer speaks with forked tongue. No such thing as "burping" it. Tell them that the Northstar has a purge line that runs from the water pump to the surge tank and is self purging of any air in the system. They should know that.

Tell them where is the exact location of the puddle to help those idiots to find the leak.

Do not let them BS you with "burping" whatever it's supposed to mean. ;)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If the spilled coolant is under the reserve tank, make sure the cap is the proper type (vented or non-vented). I had some work done on my cooling system about a year and a half ago and they replaced my cap with the wrong type. I had several large coolant spills before I figured out what was wrong. I don't remember which type of cap is correct but any auto parts counter person can check the application and tell you.

Hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

picked my car up this morning at 8:45 the dealership said the car isnt leaking anymore and the Coolant is Full... Well i drive off, go home and went back to sleep so when i finally wake back up and get ready to go out its 2:30 in the afternoon. I go outside run the car for about 5 minutes to find the Temp Gauge past the middle mark and a Message on the Dash which reads Check coolant level. so i pop the hood to find the tank almost empty and a nice size puddle of coolant under the car. so Basically they Lied about the coolant being full because there is no way that it could have drained a whole Tank of coolant in a little puddle.. I Was always under the impression that GM Shops are top on the Line? i mean first they tell me there Burping my car and its normal for it to leak, then they tell me my Coolant level is Perfect...

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

After 4 Times Looking at it the goofs finally figured out the leak is from the Water Pump

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

Archived