CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Busted tire

jonny

Today i was driving with my friend and his tire blew on his STS. Now he says that when he got his tires the tire guy put the weight in the inside of the wheel instead of the outside and this warped them badly, and i heard that the weight is always supposed to be on the outside. Is this true or not? Can he take them back and show the guy what a crappy job he did or is it alright that they were on the inside?Is this true or not?

No for those of you who dont no i am the one who blew the tire :P I looked into it and that was not the problem the wheels just werent alighned properly tommorow I am going in for 4 brand new michelins and a 4 wheel alighnment now I just need a brake job because my rotors are worped and it should ride like a caddy should cause now there are alot of vibrations from the brakes and the bald tires.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I always request that the weights go on the inside.

I do too. In fact, I insist on it. It makes the wheel look less cluttered.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I remember that when (1966) we were shown how to balance tires on an old Bear "Sparking type" tire balancer, that we were supposed to split the weight between the inside & outside of the wheel. Too much weight in one place can cause a dynamic balance problem.

I am amazed at the new computer balancers that barely spin the tire and wheel assembly, yet they get excellent results.

Britt

Britt

Archived