CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Board Updates

Forums 1/20/2004

Subscribing/Contributing Member section is now open for these Members to post topics about their cars.

A vendor forum is under study. To see it, from any forum use the drop down list box in the lower right hand corner of the page to "jump" to a Sponsoring Vendor forum.

Rules Changes 1/22/2004

Previously a Guest could not start a topic, but could reply to a current topic. Guests are no longer permitted to reply to posts (1/22/3004) in order to encourage registration.

Profile 1/23/2004

A new field has been added to your profile under "My Controls", so that you can put in the make & model (optionally mileage) of your Cadillac, and it will show on all of your posts. Please go to My Controls and to Edit Profile Info and fill it in. The field is limited to 40 characters.

Signature length 32k 1/25/2004

Signatures have been limited to 32k in size; previously up to 50k images were allowed.

Titles 1/28/2004

Added the Title "Observer (3-9 posts)" to the titles list. Edited "Lurker" to be someone with 1-2 posts. Note that in this context, Lurker (see the jargon dictionary http://www.netmeg.net/jargon) defines lurker as:

One of the 'silent majority' in an electronic forum; one who posts occasionally or not at all but is known to read the group's postings regularly.  This term is not perjorative, and indeed is casually used reflexively: "Oh, I'm just lurking." When a lurker speaks for the first time, this is called "Delurking".

Trial How-To Archive Section 1/28/2004

Added semi-hidden section in which to archive how-to articles.

Removed who is browsing this forum and topic notes 2/02/2004

Removed the section which details which members are browsing each topic and forum. This appeared to be slowing down the board response time, and is not all that useful for info.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 month later...

Added Edit feature 30 min limit (thanks to bobistheoilguy for advice on how to handle this):

All right.. This is a very important feature that eveyone needs to be aware of... The EDIT feature. In the recent past, we have had people provide great info, but for one reason or another, they have gotten upset, then they will go back and clear out all of their posts leaving blanks thoughout the thread. NO LONGER will this happen. The edit feature is still available BUT, you will have a limit of 30 mins to re edit the post. After which, it will lock out any more editing. More than enough time to post, re read, think, smoke a cigarete, and edit again. If for some reason this seems a little to short, let me know with a pm.

Bruce

Changed user group titles as follows:

"Member" changed to "Registered"

These are readers who have registered with the site and are able to post and reply to posts, except in contributing/subscribing member only sections, and participate in polls, but do not help to support the site financially.

"Contributing Member" changed to "CaddyInfo Contributor"

"Subscribing Member" changed to "CaddyInfo Subscriber"

These are members who are able to post and reply to posts in all sections, start polls, and who have contributed to CaddyInfo, either at the yearly rate (contributing) or at the monthly rate (subscribing).

Bruce

• 2 years later...

Dropped the Google Cadillac news RSS feed; too much noise (nonrelated articles).

Added a press release RSS feed to GM Powertrain news.

Added RSS feeds to Yahoo User reviews of new cars: 2007 CTS and 2006 CTS-V

Changed validation to user email validation then Admin validation.

Bruce

The Subscription links got broken somehow, and were showing a fatal error when you clicked on them. I have fixed that now; they are here: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?act...subs&CODE=index

Also added a direct donation button back on the http://www.caddyinfo.com homepage, with more info on how to get to the forum contribution link above in case that was what the reader intended.

Bruce

Started on an overall / overdue caddyinfo.com home site makeover.

The http://www.caddyinfo.com page and indexed pages are updated. I will work through the rest of the site day by day, page by page.

You can still hit the old home page at http://www.caddyinfo.com/orig_index.html btw if you get home sick.

Bruce

• 3 years later...

I was trying to edit my profile a few minutes ago because I saw in my signature that apersands in my interests were being displayed as &amp, making my signature block twice as high as it should be. But, every time I try to save it, I get an error "model and year of car not in correct format" or some such. The Car model and year is an open text box and there is no guidance in the Help page on this box. Perhaps it's a custom profile entry for Caddyinfo? In any case, there seems to be an "Easter egg" format check on it that isn't obvious. It wants "Model, year" and I have "1997 ETC" now. It won't take "1997 Eldorado Touring Coupe" and at that point I decided to just ask.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Sorry, my fault. Please see if you can edit it freely now. I had adjusted a 'new' setting and accidentally changed the max length to 1.

Separate topic, the Car/Model is set to 40 characters. Is that plenty do you think?

Bruce

You would have to look at the make/model used in the signatures on the board to ensure that 40 characters is enough, but, that is halfway across the page in normal text, so I would hope so. An example of a make/model:

1196 Deville Concours, Have A Nice Day

Now, that's 39 characters. Hey, that's enough for me.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Ok; will leave at 40. I think it wraps if overlong. Doesn't look great when it does, but the point is to have the info on what car we are talking about.

Bruce

• 6 years later...

I split out the CL Cadillac to a new forum but forgot to block from new post list. Sorry; i have done that now.

Bruce

• 3 years later...