CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PowerStop

ByStorm

Men and Women of Caddyinfo I am in the market for the drilled PowerStop rotors and ceramic pads.

I know that some of you have suggested PowerStop but, is there a vender that supplies both front an rears?

Thanks guys.

Peace.... B)

I am also interested in these does anyone out there have any links or part numbers for them?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

The only company I've ever seen that had the rear rotors for the Seville's (in particular 1998-2004), is EBC. Brembo, Powerstop, Powerslot,...ect all have listings for the front rotors, but not the back one. I currently have the EBC rotors, and would never, under any circumstance, buy them again. I've been looking into the AC Delco Durastop rotrs, as I;ve heard they they are cross drilled. You might want to check them out as well, since they do have a listing for the front and rear rotors (as to be expected).

I remember reading posts about people buying drilled rotors on the old board and I believe it was the brand you mentioned. I emailed the guy and he said the rotors had developed cracks within 6 months... This was over a year ago though.

I remember reading posts about people buying drilled rotors on the old board and I believe it was the brand you mentioned. I emailed the guy and he said the rotors had developed cracks within 6 months... This was over a year ago though.

I wouldn't be afraid of cracking with the Powerstop rotors. Jason has had real good luck with them on his SLS for several years. I duplicated his hole pattern on my stock rotors, and when I sold my Eldo last night they hade over 30k on them without any problems at all. :) The main thing with their design is they didn't go too large with the hole size (.281 dia. if I remember right), and they radius the edges to further eliminate cracking... ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I recently purchased 4 PowerStop (drilled & slotted fronts, drilled only rears) from Summit Racing for around $350 (as I remember).

When they arrived there was a coupon for $20.00 worth of "Summit Bucks" which I later used to purchase front ceramic pads ($29 after coupon)

The whole package seems to work Very Well (you're gonna Love that noise it makes under hard braking)

I would just call theem (1-800-230-3030) to get the specifics (not too many Seville parts in the catalog - these rotors have more popular applications I'm sure, and they just cross referenced them for me)

My Seville has almost 145,000 miles on it now. I put the rotors and pads on at about 86,500. Ladies and gents, that's almost 60,000 miles ago. Same pads, same unturned rotors for 60k miles is a record for this car. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The whole package seems to work Very Well (you're gonna Love that noise it makes under hard braking)

RalPh,

Just curiuos what exactly you meant here... What is the noise you hear? Do you think it is mainly from the cross drilled rotors themselves, or did the pads change the noise you are hearing? I really didn't notice any noise difference, just better braking... But I only cross-drilled my fronts. Thanks!

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

It's the drilled rotors, not the pads, that make a low whhirrr-ing noise under hard braking. I just assumed All drilled rotors did it, I'm surprised to hear yours doesn't.

It's pretty hard to miss, but only under Hard Braking do I notice it (go beat on that thing a little ;) )

It's the drilled rotors, not the pads, that make a low whhirrr-ing noise under hard braking. I just assumed All drilled rotors did it, I'm surprised to hear yours doesn't.

It's pretty hard to miss, but only under Hard Braking do I notice it (go beat on that thing a little ;) )

Gotcha... I'll bet mine would have some of that too, but to late to go test it out now... Sold it last night. I guess I never really had to hammer the brakes that hard, other than bedding them in when I first replaced them. Other times I may have just had the windows up, or the tunes cranked! :P

I have the Raybestos Brute Stop (drilled & slotted) rotors on the front and plain rotors on the rear. Quiet Stop brake pads all around, on both of my 93' STS's.

While I hear people mention, "whirring" from drilled and slotted rotors, I have never noticed any noise from either of my cars.

The Quiet Stop pads are Ceramic, work great, and are very low dusting.

When you shop for brake parts it is important to buy for a full size performance car. Brakes that are designed for race track conditions usually will not work well in daily driving, they never get hot enough or stay hot long enough to work correctly for normal street driving.

I have had the Raybestos rotors and brake pads on for several years now, and can happily recommend them to others.

Story of Yesterday's Commute.

Yesterday morning I tested both the brakes and the STS. I was in my morning commute behind a large 4x4 Dodge, so my vision was limited to his tailgate. Traffic was at a very steady 65 MPH, with four lanes full and the carpool lane to my left barely used.

All of a sudden the 4x4 was all over his brakes. He nearly got sideways and the rear end of the truck was lifting like it was going to start a barrel roll.

While I have had an occasion or three too brake fairly hard, this is the first time I found myself with BOTH feet on the brakes pressing as hard as I could.

I was going to be able to stop with some small room to spare, but the people behind me didn't look like they were going to be able to avoid hitting me. The only way to give them more room to stop was to go into the carpool lane.

As I keep pretty good attention of the cars around me I knew there was a car coming up in the carpool lane, but with the acceleration of the STS I also knew that I could safely change lanes and get out of the way. I pulled left, dropped and the hammer. At about 20 Mph the STS will take off like a scalded cat. I quickly got up to speed and was out of harm way.

As I moved forward I was trying to see what was the problem. A woman was driving about 10 MPH slower than the rest of the traffic in the #2 lane, the lane I had been in.

While she seemed oblivious to all of the traffic driving around her, the real cause of the panic stops behind her, stemmed from the 4x4 pulling up on her and not realizing the speed difference, then slamming the brakes on at the last instant. Probably juggling his coffee, donut and cell phone, instead of paying attention to driving.

The STS handled perfectly; I used the brakes hard for initial control and was then able to use the power and solid handling to finish getting out of danger.

Brakes still work fine with no hint of warp from the extremely hard use they received.

Heck of a way to start the day, but better than hitting someone or getting hit.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I was fortunate enough to participate in a Massachusetts sponsored defensive driving program when I was 16... You skid around on an airstrip and learn the basic limits of a vehicle, how to properly engage the ABS, cornering with ABS engaged, quick lane change and accident avoidance, stopping distance at varying speed demonstrations and the like. There is a good amount of lecture and classroom work, but the hands-on aspect and actually whipping the cars around the strip is invaluable.

There have been many situations in which I have relied on those skills and have been lucky enough to avoid a few bad situations that I am fairly sure a driver in a panicked state would not be able to avoid.

I made my town's paper in a promotional article for the merits of the course, with a photograph featuring myself in a Taurus that I nearly had on two wheels in a cone slalom :D

lol I knew it had nothing to do with Powerstop brakes.. but my little story was in reference to growe3's accident avoidance story.

The Taurus's (Taurii? lol) we were supplied with for the course were equipped with some pretty serious brakes and tires, though.

...we were supplied with for the course were equipped with some pretty serious brakes and tires, though.

ero1220,

Can you imagine doing that in THEIR 2002 - 2005 STS? :lol::lol::lol:

Archived