CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

All cleaned up

JIMDTS

I took the car out for a long drive(250mi.) today.Managed to get a pic after the wash job.Snow on Monday so it won't stay clean long.Driving down some winding back roads I managed to play around on some curves and this car handles well I don't get a chance to do that going back and forth to work Almost a straight shot on the expressway for me and traffic too makes it hard to push the car in the turns..The pic has a lot of camera shake hard to hold it steady

Jim

picture.JPG

Great looking car. Those model Deville are sooooooooo good looking.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Thanks Marika

It was not the color I really wanted.When you get them used it's part of the trade off.The best car is usually not the color you want.I'm glad i purchased the black now it makes it very easy to touch up nicks and small scratches,due to it's a solid color.I *smurf* when it gets dirty quick these dark colored cars don't stay clean long.But when they are done rite wheeled out & waxed they look good in my opinion.

A lighter colored ar does not show the dirt as bad. My wife has a 98 deville in a color called moonstone (medium gray) color that's a pretty good color easy to clean and stays nice looking even when dirty. That darn black is filthy in a day.The moonstone color is very hard to touch up if you get a nick or scratch in the paint it's high in metallic and you really have to play with it to get it looking good..or just spot paint it.

Cheers

Jim

My '92 Seville is dark plum which most people think is black until they see it under the sun and they notice the plum and undertones of rose colors

New Jersey has almost as much smog and air pollution all year 'round as Los Angeles has on its bad days.

I washed my car this morning at 7:30 a.m. By 9:00 a.m. there was already a powdery film of soot forming on the car. That's why I keep it heavily waxed and anytime I find a stone chip or find that the clear coat is chipping, I do the repair RIGHT AWAY because the pollution is TOXIC to a car's finish here in New Jersey.

The cars are so heavily coated with "grime" that even if you run it through the car wash, it just doesn't come off. You have to get the car wheel buffed and waxed and then make sure you wash it once a week or more.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hi Marika

Sounds like you keep your car looking good. A coworker has the same color seville as yours at work it sits on next to mine in the parking lot.A few of us who try to keep are cars from getting parking lot dings park together that way no one is opening doors into your car while you are at work. I had my wifes car the one day last week I went to the super market parked I was still in the car and some jack a-- comes running out throws open his door rite into my right side and I mean hard and is going to take off I was still in the car So I hurried up put mine in reverse backed up pinned him in so he could not take off and looks at me like I'm nuts.I told him get the F out I was really ticked off I told him if there is any damage your a-- is mine As luck would have it no damage I could not believe the guy seen me sitting in the car and just looked at me like screw you and started backing out of his spot. Thats's what ticked me off.I always try to park far away in parking lots so I don't get those door dings and nicks.I have a good ding man who can get these out as long as the paint isn't damaged badly you can't even tell it was dinged..Heck to repair these panels if you need one painted say a door or fender the dealer charges $250 a pop for paint work.It's a pain in the butt to keep these cars looking good.

Jim

I try to keep on top of my car's appearance but believe me, here in New Jersey, that's a tough, almost fulltime job.

I've literally watched cars have their clear coat paint come right off because of neglect and the acid rain that falls here in New Jersey.

I purchased the static charged wool duster from Zymol to help lift off dust particles from the surface of the car because those same particles become sandpaper as you drive and they slide across the surface of your car. It really does work and helps a lot at keeping the car looking cleaner between washes and waxing.

I park my car near a university campus in Hackensack and they have a softball field which stirs up TONS of dust into the atmosphere every day. It settles on every car in the area and it's nasty. The Zymol wool duster helps to reduce this dust on the car surface significantly and if used according to the instructions, will not harm the finish of your car. I highly recommend it.

http://www.zymol.com/duster.htm

Hi Marika

I never tried a duster.If mine gets dirty I just wash it or leave it dirty until I can wash it..Last time I waxed it was last october.SO when it warms up in the spring I'l do what ever it needs waxing or buffing etc..My cars sit outside most of the time I have a garage but it's usually full of crap and hard to get another car in my wife usually beats me home so she's in the garage.

Jim

I used to live at Virginia Tech, and with all the construction projects all the time, there was always a dusty film on the cars. I picked me up one of those California dusters and man did it work great. I like it most for pollen. I bought that thing years ago when I had my old Cutlass, and still use it to this day on my truck and the Seville. That 20 bucks went about the longest of any auto detailing product I've ever bought!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The duster is an important accessory to car care. Reducing surface dust not only makes the car look cleaner, it IS cleaner. Additionally, dust, especially heavier particles of dust, will act as abrasives and actually cause microscopic scratches in the surface of your car's finish when you drive. The dust slides across the finish of your car as you drive and scratches it.

A dusty car looks TERRIBLE after being rained on because the dust bunches up and leaves spots all over the car. The less dust, the less spotting after rain. Dust also contains chemicals which when made wet by the rain and then allowed to dry on the car's surface could permanently mark the finish and scar it.

The entire dusting process takes me about 5 minutes. Time well spent to help preserve the car's finish.

I used to live at Virginia Tech, and with all the construction projects all the time, there was always a dusty film on the cars. I picked me up one of those California dusters and man did it work great. I like it most for pollen. I bought that thing years ago when I had my old Cutlass, and still use it to this day on my truck and the Seville. That 20 bucks went about the longest of any auto detailing product I've ever bought!

I consider a duster as standard equipment for car care. They are inexpensive, they last years and they WORK.

JIMDTS Posted on Feb 23 2004, 01:57 AM

That's a sharp color on the seville in dark gray. I know the feeling about keeping it clean almost a given when you wash it it will rain soon.And as you mention the dirt shows fast too.

And as fate would have it ... it rained last night. Just glad I was able to get all the dust off so it didn't look too bad. Those California dusters are good. I keep one in all of my vehicles.

Jim

I've had the same old California Car Duster for about 12 years. About twice a week, I dust the car off and then wipe it down with a damp chamois. We don't get a lot of rain here in Southern California and never any snow or ice. I often go a month or two between washings and the car always looks great!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I couldn't wait any longer. On Saturday I washed, stripped and waxed the car even though I knew a couple inches of snow was coming on Sunday. It sure looked good shimmering silver out there with the bronze undertone for the five hours before it started snowing lol.

Archived