CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 sts recall

jmsts

hello, i dropped off my 97 sts for fuel rail recall at the dealer yesterday & i picked up the car today. the trip home from the dealer is short & everything seems to be ok with the car. the overall experience at dealer was good. there was a sticker attatched to the invoice about a gm satisfaction survey. they need a completely satisfied (85+) or they fail , it goes on to say please contact service advisor so we may have the opportunity to assist you & earn the mark of " completely satisfied ". i was wondering if this is a standard practice at cadillac dealerships or all gm dealerships? thanks all.

Hmm, wonder who is evaluating them? GM? Sounds too good to be true. I have had the dealer send me a satisfaction form to fill out after one of my rare visits during warranty followed by a phone call to see if everything was ok. I thought that was rather nice and obviously they care about their customers. Maybe some of them are catching on.

Hmm, wonder who is evaluating them? GM? Sounds too good to be true. I have had the dealer send me a satisfaction form to fill out after one of my rare visits during warranty followed by a phone call to see if everything was ok. I thought that was rather nice and obviously they care about their customers. Maybe some of them are catching on.

I have had similar experiences in the past two years. After each one of my services I have received a phone call follow-up making sure everything was okay. As you say, it appears that some of them have caught on to the idea of customer service.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

I wish my dealer would have given me a card. I'd have written on there about the stained floormat and grease on the steering wheel when I got mine back from the recall. My Dodge dealer gives me a similar satisfaction card on it, with the same "if you're not satisfied, we're not satisfied" noise on it. Dealerships are dealerships; if I can avoid them, I do at all costs.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I wish my dealer would have given me a card. I'd have written on there about the stained floormat and grease on the steering wheel when I got mine back from the recall. My Dodge dealer gives me a similar satisfaction card on it, with the same "if you're not satisfied, we're not satisfied" noise on it. Dealerships are dealerships; if I can avoid them, I do at all costs.

I would not have left the dealership with the stained floormat and grease on the steering wheel. I would have had a conversation with the service manager.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It cleaned up okay; "stained" probably wasn't the right word to use. It wasn't permanent...just something I had to clean that I shouldn't have had to. I'm not a very confrontational person by nature. If someone does me wrong, instead of confronting them about it, I just take my business elsewhere. Sometimes I think it works well, but sometimes I think I turn into a doormat. In the end, I think it comes out about even. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

It cleaned up okay; "stained" probably wasn't the right word to use. It wasn't permanent...just something I had to clean that I shouldn't have had to. I'm not a very confrontational person by nature. If someone does me wrong, instead of confronting them about it, I just take my business elsewhere. Sometimes I think it works well, but sometimes I think I turn into a doormat. In the end, I think it comes out about even. :)

No need to confront them. Just politely ask for a rag so you can clean your steering wheel. They'll get the message and you'll get an apology and a clean wheel. There's more than one way to skin a cat you know.

The squeakey wheel gets the grease.

Archived