CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

REAR SHOCKS

GOODMORNING GUYS , I NOTICED LAST WEEK THAT THE REAR OF MY CAR WAS REAL HIGH , SEEMS LIKE THE SHOCKS WERE STUCK IN THE UP POSITION , AND KNOW ITS SEEMS ITS A LITTLE LOW , I DON'T HERE THE COMPRESSOR GOING ON TO RAISE THE BACK , ANY IDEAS WHAT TO LOOK FOR TO SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. NOT SURE WHAT ITS CALLED IF ITS A COMPRESSOR OR PUMP OR EVEN A BLOWN FUSE ? ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

SEABASS

93 STS

NORTHSTAR

SEEMS LIKE THE SHOCKS WERE STUCK IN THE UP POSITION

It also seems like your CAPS LOCK is stuck in the up position. Please post to the board in lower case.

What is the measurement from the floor to the top of the rear wheel arch, as it sets? The first step here is probably to quantify what is "too low" or "too high".

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

It also seems like your CAPS LOCK is stuck in the up position. Please post to the board in lower case.

:lol::lol:

I have had this happen in my 91 Seville, the air shocks filled up 100% and the rear was high in the air.

Check all of the fuses, there is an exhaust fuse if I am not mistaken. Also check and reset all connections use contact cleaner, the chart below is a starting point

post-3-1115211309_thumb.jpg

Posting in all caps is SHOUTING. If you'll notice the number of posts, and member number, for the "Senior" members, you might guess where YOU fit in, that is if you want to fit in. In other words, why shout?

rek

BUT DOES IT MATTER IF I POST IN LOWER CASE LETTERING

Yes, it does. In "netequette", posting in all caps is SHOUTING AT SOMEONE. It's also much easier to read if everything is lowercase. You'll notice that not many books are printed in all upper case. There's no need for it.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I am one of the SENIORS (caps for emphasis), thanks for wishing me well, and my eyesight is fine thanks.

Its not what makes us happy, we were doing you a favor informing you about something you should already have known if you have gotten this far into the net. You act like this is OUR problem, its not.

Here is a link to net manners, the NUMBER 1 item is, drum ROLL,

DON'T TYPE IN CAPS! http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/courtesy1.html

We know you didn't have bad intentions....

Guys , can anyone pinpoint exactly where the compressor is for the rear shocks , I cannot quite find it, I would like to try to disconnect the harness and make sure the connections are clean and good.

Seabass

93 STS

Northstar

Guys , can anyone pinpoint exactly where the compressor is for the rear shocks , I cannot quite find it, I would like to try to disconnect the harness and make sure the connections are clean and good.

Seabass

93 STS

Northstar

The compressor is mounted on the top of the right rear suspension support. Here is a diagram out of a service manual for your car...

post-3-1115849428_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived