CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 cadillac seville sts

Jason15036

Totaled out my 1995 STS early Thursday morning, Im was going down state road 399 in flordia when a car in front made a stop and put her blinker on to make a left turn into her driveway off the main road. While I was waiting for her to turn because of traffic, I heard a loud truck horn, I look in my mirror and it was a concrete truck that wasnt paying attention and was about 10ft behind me. I turned the wheel to the right and floored it trying to go down off in the ditch, but it was to late, he plowed me in the back crushing the truck in and rear quarter panels, and rear doors Then he shot me like a pool ball into the ditch destroying the front bumper and hood. The roof was caved in where the big metal bumper went over the truck of the car into the roof and back window

After the accident I walked away with only a broken hand and a slight concusion. THe truck driver said he was doing about 45 mph when he hit me.

Oh man! Thats too bad.

Its a shame when things like this happen, but I guess its always nice knowing you walked away from it.

Sorry for the loss.

So you heading out car shopping?? :D

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I am glad you are reasonably ok given that a concrete truck hit you. Its good that he warned you albeit late at least you got a chance to brace yourself, a surprise hit would have been worse I believe. You can replace the car. I find the second day will be worse in terms of pain, take some hot baths and relax if you can..

A truck of that size and weight needs to be driven more responsibly, I am not the litigious type but it may make sense for you to seek an attorney, the next person this guy hits may not be so lucky. Did they check him for being impaired?

no they did not check him for being impaired, but was I talking to him after the wreck and he said he just wasnt paying attention and when he looked up we were stopped and he blew his horn and layed on the brakes. After talking with him he did not seem impaired.

Glad you survived. I had a similar expirience about 2 yrs ago except in my case I was able to put the pedal to the metal and "just" got out of his way as he came by. He wasn't on the brakes at all and was doing at least 60 since it was on a rural highway. Scared the bejesus out of me.

Mazda? Toyota? OUCH!

Concrete truck... Man, that is a scarey scene! :o Glad you had time to get the STS rollin' cause that probably saved you from worse injury. I was just nailed by a hit/run driver today, as you can see by my post. Let's hope that this isn't one of those runs that weve seen before. :unsure: Drive careful and defensive out there gang! Glad you are going to be OK Jason. ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

It's your lucky day! Not only are you lucky to be alive, but I found the perfect replacement for your car! In Parkersburg, WV there is a Wharton Cadillac/Jeep/Nissan/Ford/Chevy/Toyota Dealer that has a BEAUTIFUL light blue 95-'96 STS with a dark blue "fake convertible" top. About 60,000 miles on it I think.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Lots of Caddies getting hit today and lots of Caddy drivers walkin' away.

Don't you really feel sorry for them that drive the kinds that you hear about dying on the 6 'o'clock news?

Keep your chin up and find a new life-saver.

MP

Glad to hear you are okay. Sorry about the STS . Get some rest, heal up, and hopefully in no time at all you'll be sportin a new Caddy. I think you should call this LifeSaver as mentioned in an earlier post.

Archived