CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 Cadillac SRX turn signals / high beams not working

Hi,

I am having a hard time diagnosing my turn signal and high beam issue.  I have a 2008 Cadillac SRX with HID headlights.  I have check all the bulbs on both the high beams and turn signal housings and all are working.  I performed a Bi-diectional test with a scan tool on both the high beams as well as all 4 lights for the turn signals all illuminate.  When turning on the hazards all 4 signals illuminate and flash.  When turning on the left or right directional the indicator on the dash does not light up.  When turning on the high beams the dash indicator dies not light up. Although when I use the flash to pass the high beams turn on and the dash icon illuminates.  

I have already changed the multi function switch to a new one but none of the issues were resolved.  I have read certain years have a flasher module near steering column but it seems when the changed the SRX in 07-09 allot if the electronics were integrated even more, so the BCM handles the turn signals now but I could be mistaken. Then I saw a article referencing a R.I.M module that works along with the BCM that handles signals and other commands as well but I could not find any further info regarding my make and model.

Please Help! 😟

It does go thru the BCM. The BCMs can and do go bad. They'll do crazy stuff like turn on the hazards 30 minutes after the car is turned off. They do have to be programmed. 

From the GM service manual....2008 SRX. 

"Ground is applied at all times at G200 to the turn signal/multifunction switch. The turn signal lamps may only be activated with the ignition switch in the ON or START position. When the turn signal/multifunction switch is placed in either the TURN RIGHT or TURN LEFT position, ground is applied to the body control module (BCM) through either the right turn or left turn signal switch signal circuit. The BCM then applies a pulsating voltage to the front and rear turn signal lamps through there respective voltage supply circuits. Ground for the left and right front turn signal lamp is supplied at G104. Ground for the rear turn signal lamps is supplied at G402 for the left and G401 for the right."

Can also be a bad IPC. 

"Turn Signal Indicators Malfunction
Ignition ON, with a scan tool perform the Display Test for the instrument panel cluster (IPC) and observe the turn signal lamp indicators.

⇒ If the turn signal lamp indicators illuminate during the test, replace the BCM. 

⇒ If the turn signal lamp indicators do not illuminate during the test or remain illuminated at all times, replace the IPC." 

Forgot about the high beam indicator. 

A GM Tech 2 would make quick work of figuring out if it's a bad BCM or bad IPC. 

Again.....service manual has you connect the Tech 2 and do a IPC display test.

"High Beam Indicator Malfunction
Ignition ON, with a scan tool perform the Display Test for the instrument panel cluster (IPC) and observe the high beam indicator.

⇒ If the high beam indicator illuminates during the test, replace the BCM. 

⇒ If the high beam indicator does not illuminate during the test or remains illuminated at all times, replace the IPC."