CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New to Eldorado Touring Coupe 1993 v8

Where can I find how to clear all history and new codes. I can not use a obd there is no contact. 

Hope some can give advice.

EJJE
This is how to access and clear codes on your Eldorado. No OBD scanner is needed.

To Access Codes

• Switch ignition ON.
  • Simultaneously press and hold the A/C control panel ‘OFF’ and ‘WARMER’ buttons .
  • When all segments of the display illuminate:

o Release the A/C control panel ‘OFF’ and ‘WARMER’ buttons.

• Trouble codes will be displayed on the driver information display.
  • Trouble codes will be displayed in ascending order.

NOTE: All ECM codes start with the letter ‘P’. Trouble codes for other systems may also be displayed.

• All current trouble codes end with the letter ‘C’.
  • All history trouble codes end with the letter ‘H’.
  • If no ECM trouble codes are stored, ‘NO E CODE’ or ‘NO P CODE’ will be displayed.

NOTE: If ‘NO E DATA’ or ‘NO P DATA’ is displayed there is a communication problem between the ECM and the instrument panel. • When all trouble codes have been displayed: o Press the ‘AUTO’ or ‘DEFOG’ button  or switch ignition OFF.  

Erasing

• Switch ignition ON .
  • Simultaneously press and hold the A/C control panel ‘OFF’ and ‘WARMER’ buttons.
  • When all segments of the display illuminate:

o Release the A/C control panel ‘OFF’ and ‘WARMER’ buttons. • Trouble codes will be displayed on the driver information display.

NOTE: Pressing and releasing the ‘LOW’ button will bypass trouble code display. • When all trouble codes have been displayed:
o Press and release the ‘LOW’ button until ‘PCM’ is displayed.

• Press and release the ‘HI’ button.
  • Press and release the ‘LOW’ button until ‘PCM CLEAR CODES’ is displayed.
  • Press and release the ‘HI’ button.
  • ‘PCM CODES CLEAR’ will be displayed for 3 seconds.
  • Press the ‘AUTO’ or ‘DEFOG’ button or switch ignition OFF.

Hi, thanks for information. Just a probleme, I´m from Sweden and an old man 80 and not so good in English and not good at special technical nomenclature so can you give a small explanation what ECM,PCM stand for.

Thanks again for help.

Engine Control Module (ECM)

Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

Basically two different names for the car's computer system. They are often used interchangeably.

Sorry, one more Q :If I disconnect the battery, all codes will be deleted?? 

Have tried to do as instructed but I have no Low and Hi button. Can it differentiate between 4.6l and 4.9l engine? maybe year model?

11 hours ago, ejje said:

Have tried to do as instructed but I have no Low and Hi button. Can it differentiate between 4.6l and 4.9l engine? maybe year model?

The controls for the climate control are the same for either engine for the 1992-1994 Seville. I have marked the buttons with their functions. If you have an owner's manual, they are also in there. If you don't have one, there are several websites that you can download a digital copy, if you want one.

552668336_SevilleClimateControls.JPG.a48b7efacbb3a5ed1dc127164dfc483d.JPG

On 6/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, ejje said:

Sorry, one more Q :If I disconnect the battery, all codes will be deleted?? 

Disconnecting the battery will eventually delete most of the codes, but it will also set codes indicating the PCM has lost power. It is far better and quicker to delete the codes through the procedure previously described.

37 minutes ago, Göran W said:

Om det kniper så kanske en yngling på 65 kan bistå på något sätt?😄 Hör av dig om det behövs.

Göran

Hej,

Tack för det. Har hittat flera youtube filmer men ingen som visar min instrumenttavla, inget är likt. Det som kommer upp är inte heller likt det som sägs i ovanstående instructioner. Förstod att det var fläktens hastighet low and high. Har gått igenom instructionerna men som sagt inget är likt. 

12 hours ago, EBW said:

Disconnecting the battery will eventually delete most of the codes, but it will also set codes indicating the PCM has lost power. It is far better and quicker to delete the codes through the procedure previously described.

Ok, I have tried do as the instruction but my display is  not as in many Youtube films . It says not the same as instruction.  

Thanks any way. I leave it now. I see I can not solv it.  It´s total different signs then the instructions.

Welcome to the forum. Great members here from all over😁.

Just out of curiosity is there any issues while running? 

Any check engine light?

The OBD1 rarely throw the light unless the problem is occurring. 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Hi, thanks. Just code 46 but there can be other sometimes. But the car goes well and no problemem.

Hi again,

a new probleme with the car. Where can I find new rubber bushing/washer, 14-16 pcs ? See picture.

Northstar.jpg

Edited by ejje

What is wrong with them.

I'm sorry but I highly doubt you will find them anymore. How many do you need?

The rubber bushing? or the spacer that goes on the stud?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 1 year later...

12 pcs the rubber bushing.

• 1 year later...

Hi again, long time ago.

I managed read the codes.

H:, s055,s061,p053,p083,p095 C:, t072,t073,s044

I managed clear but the C codes did not go away.

Is there a manual when I can find all codes and what they stand for. I have 2 big books, Service manual 1 powertrain and the service manual 2 chassies and body but I can´t find all codes in there.

Thanks