CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Old Gas

I have a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado; It has been sitting for about 10 months with about a third of a tank.

We have both been disabled during that time, Money is an issue and I would like to get it running so I can maybe sell it.

I need to syphon out the old gas before putting in fresh. Any ideas how to get a syphon tube into the tank?

Does it run?

You wont be able to put a tube down it. If It runs I would almost suggest filling it and treating it. Then drive it low before refueling.

I suppose if you were skilled you could disconnect the fuel filter, and run a hose to pump the gas out. I don't recommend it unless you are very sure of what you are doing.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Stale gas. 

After 10 months.....I bet it will start.

It can get nasty if left for 5 years. 

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/dont-start-dormant-engine-without-checking-gas-tank/

Been there.....'87 Mercedes........car sat for 5 years.....maybe a little more. 

Black goo in tank....Smells as bad as skunk. Took 2 or 3 fuel pumps and filters and a fuel tank level sending unit to finally get that sorted out. 

Near new Michelins were hopelessly flat spotted.