CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bringing a car out of winter storage

Hey there, we're about to bring my 67 Coupe and 79 Mercedes out of storage and here's what I did for winter preparation....I washed them :( . Now should I change the oil before I start them or should I change the oil after I jockey them around to where they are? Oil changes are in the very near future (as soon as I get them out of where they are) is it worth changing it before I start them? They have been sitting since roughly October. Will starting them with older oil in them hurt anything? As always thanks in advance.

Spence

If you changed oil before you put it away there's no sense in doing it now. If not then change it now but I realy don't think it matters all that much if you do it before or after a start up.

When you store a car for the winter, it is best to change the oil right before storage. That will prevent acids from eating away at the bearings over the winter.

If you stored the car with dirty oil, I would change the oil ASAP.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I can not get the pic to work sorry guys

Pix is WAY TOO BIG to post here. I believe the limit is 64KB.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Warren,

If you get a free account at photobucket.com, then it can be referenced in a post on this site. I think it (and other such sites) can be used to post up to 1mb pics.

;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

If you get a free account at photobucket.com, then it can be referenced in a post on this site. I think it (and other such sites) can be used to post up to 1mb pics.

TDK,

Yes, I'm aware of that. Pretty dumb of me not to mention it in my post, huh? Sorry Spence.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived