CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac XT5 2.0L Makes a Case for the Optional V-6

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a32882797/2020-cadillac-xt5-2-0l-fwd-by-the-numbers/

Despite a 264-pound advantage over the heavier V-6 Sport model, our front-wheel-drive 2.0-liter XT5 is, as you'd expect of the less powerful engine, considerably slower in a straight line. At a so-so 7.6 seconds, its 60-mph time is 1.5 seconds longer, and its 16.0-second quarter-mile pass at 87 mph trails the all-wheel-drive V-6 version's by 1.4 seconds and 9 mph.

On paper the 2L should have a better torque profile until pretty far into the rev range, so something is off here.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I had one of the early XT5's (a '17 bought in the middle of '16) that only came with the 3.6 liter and I would certainly call the performance adequate (at least for me).  I don't know that I would opt for the four, turbo or not, as the difference in acceleration and fuel economy don't seem to warrant the lesser engine.  My highway mileage was better than the reported mileage for the four (in the C&D article) though my speeds were generally at 65 mph hwy.  The XT4 only offers a four, the XT5 both four and six, and the XT6 only the six; maybe that's Cadillac's strategy but I think for the four and six in the XT5, the six should be a no cost option (I can't see how the ubiquitous six could cost more than a turbo'd four).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28