CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Lyriq still on schedule

Lyriq Capture.PNG

https://www.motortrend.com/news/gmc-hummer-cadillac-lyriq-cruise-origin-launches-on-schedule/

2023 Cadillac Lyriq Midsize Crossover

The 2023 Cadillac Lyriq was supposed to be shown April 2, but the event also was cancelled. The five-passenger midsize crossover also rides on the BEV3 platform and is slated to go into production in late 2021 or early 2022, with the first units going to China and North America getting its first supply a few weeks later. It has a wide stance and expressive face with backlit lines in a precision geometric pattern that form a grille of sorts that bleeds into the Cadillac-signature vertical headlights.

In the center of the SUV's front end is the Cadillac crest and a glass roof extends from windshield to glass rear spoiler. This dramatic shape is set atop a long wheelbase, providing a roomy and high-tech interior. The concept is close to the production model, we are told. New plans to reveal both vehicles are in the works. "We want something that does justice to both," Morris said. "There are plans formulating for them to get a proper introduction," he said, but no concrete date.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It sure has good-looks.  I'm guessing it's going to be quite expensive though; wondering how well it will do in the BEV market.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I suppose Lyriq needs to compete with the Tesla Model 3 so $40K ish.  The Callista will be the all-out $200k hand-crafted expensive Cadillac.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I don't think 40 will be close, not even as a starter price and being a midsized cross-over probably a competitor to the Tesla Y (or maybe even the Model X, which is at the 80 to 100 thou.)  If they go for the Model Y, I'll guess a starting at 50 and going up from there.  Just conjecture, you may be totally right.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28