CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Celestiq

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-2023-cadillac-celestiq-ev-flagship-sedan/

Roughly previewed by the smaller Escala concept, the Celestiq will be a loooong four-door with a hatchback like an Audi A7 (rather than a trunk like a Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class) for the full four-door coupe effect. Built on GM's new BEV3 electric vehicle architecture, the fully electric sedan will hide its batteries under the floor and could be built with anywhere from one to three electric motors. Given its class and price, we expect it to come standard with the largest battery pack and more powerful motors in GM's toolkit, giving it the longest range and highest performance possible. Fast charging at 800 volts will allow it to be rapidly topped up at public stations.

I wonder if we will see 3 motors 1K torque and $225K

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The architectural design will allow the battery packs to fit into the vehicle like ice cubes into an ice tray. You can put in as much water to make as many cubes as you need; the tray still takes up the same amount of space in the freezer. This give us astounding flexibility across the vehicle portfolio and allows us to achieve two things: the broad range needs and price points that our customers desire, and because we are at the highest degree of scale, tremendous cost savings.

We can and will design for multiple brands in multiple global regions from this very same architecture. The BEV3 architecture is exactly why we are so bullish on the future of electrification in our product portofolio. As we increase volume and scale, we will drive costs down even further. That is why we are so very committed to this technology.

—Mark Reuss

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'd buy it with an ICE which I might be able to afford; I'm definitely not in the market for the BEV (because of the estimated cost presented).  In other words, it looks great!

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28