CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville 1996 UK headlights

Hi guys. Anyone has any idea whether replacing front glass on the UK export model headlights for the ones from the US model could help to get both beams correctly? My car is actually LHD version that was purchased in London but now this car is in central europe where obviously light beams dont fit since it is LHD area. This Europen model has adjustable headlights but despite maximum adjustments they still blind. Im thinking exchanging just front glass from the US model could help. Thanks for advice. 

I am a little confused. You want to swap the headlamp assemblies? Or just the face?

I would need a picture of the front to make some comparisons to my 1997. Honestly these are getting pretty hard to find parts for. 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I think he's thinking the 'fresnel' lens is different. Not sure if they are. 

Seems it would be easier to just change the whole lamp. He may be thinking that he can just buy the lens (I don't think you can). 

I did find a chart in the 1994 service manual about export lamps. 

1994export.jpg

13 hours ago, rockfangd said:

I am a little confused. You want to swap the headlamp assemblies? Or just the face?

I would need a picture of the front to make some comparisons to my 1997. Honestly these are getting pretty hard to find parts for. 

large.IMG_20200406_153924.jpg.4a71c5c8812a27096af9ba4e1df5bb9a.jpglarge.IMG_20200406_154030.jpg.9c23e0023d16cb21791592f9f7e37392.jpg

Wow.....great pics. It clearly shows the fresnel lens is different. 

I don't think you can buy just the glass part. I know they have clips on there that make you think they can be replaced. Looks like the export ones have single bulb....US ones have low and high beam. The export ones also have the 'Guide' (GM factory units) name on them. 

I would suggest getting some US Spec units.....along with some of the harness to swap the bulb connector set up. 

Looks like used lamps are pulling in decent money here....most of these cars in the US have gone to car heaven. 

4 minutes ago, Logan said:

Wow.....great pics. It clearly shows the fresnel lens is different. 

I don't think you can buy just the glass part. I know they have clips on there that make you think they can be replaced. Looks like the export ones have single bulb....US ones have low and high beam. The export ones also have the 'Guide' name on them. 

I would suggest getting some US Spec units.....along with some of the harness to swap the bulb connector set up. 

Looks like used lamps are pulling in decent money....most of these cars in the US have gone to car heaven. 

It is a shame. These are great looking cars. When it comes to changing just the glass front lens it is glued in by some type of black silicone and there 2 clips. My concern is that after changing glass lens it maybe shatter beam completely since the us models have different bulbs for high and low beams while EU models have only one thus different lens structure.large.Caddy.jpg.c1fb302a9a172b532f175f706f11a416.jpg

Great pics. 

Beautiful Seville. I agree they are beautiful. That is why mine is a garage queen.

I would love to say they would swap, But having worked with many things it is not always as it seems.

Even if you could swap just the face which you would have to try to find used I think you will run into future issues with sealing the fixture.

I have seen people heat them to get them apart but even when resealed have clouding issues

Humor me here, Why not look for a set of US lamps and retro the plugs in the place of yours?

Same number of wires except you have to split the one ground to 2 for each bulb.

Are they aiming high, low, or just not shining far enough? 

Huge question. What bulb are you running. You may not be running the correct bulb for the fixture.

Just because the bulb fits does not mean it is meant for the fixture. It all has to do with the projection of the beam as to the type of bulb.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile