CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Video: 19 CTS-V Review

Reviewing the 2019 Cadillac CTS-V! Unfortunately, this is a car I set very high expectations for and it didn't quite meet them.

Overall a detailed walk-through review of a used CTS-V, regardless of his conclusions.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Inconsistent review; big conclusion is that it is too expensive (but if you want luxury, buy Audi, BMW, Mercedes; then you're at the same price).  I didn't put too much credence in this review.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I agree; I enjoyed the detailed video coverage though.  I have enjoyed the LF4 Turbo V6 in my ATS-V but a lot of people did wish for an LT-1 -- not sure how many of those pundits would actually have bought one though.   I do wish the CTS-V was less expensive, but for that market and performance it is a relative bargain.

Bruce

This one, the CT6-V, is a head scratcher.  The awesomeness of this vehicle is beyond good and can't for the life of me understand why Cadillac orphaned this (as well as the CT6 itself).  I had seen this review before (but watched it again); I love their enthusiasm.  "The only crime that Cadillac has made with this car is discontinuing it"; what else can be said.  I have a '19 CT6 Luxury with not nearly all the goodies I could have had (or wanted) and I still love the vehicle.  The reviewers mentioned the seats to be too hard, but what I've found is that the longer you are seated (long trip), the more comfortable they maintain.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Bob Lutz says automobile companies are the world's greatest capital destroyers.    They make big bets and suffer huge losses, or huge gains.    The omega platform was only deployed at a single factory, Detroit Hamtramck.  So when GM planned to close Hamtramck due to the overall sedan malaise, the CT6 and its wonderful omega architecture and optional blackwing V8 got sidelined after what has to have been one of the most expensive development cost per car produced ever.

Bruce