CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Grille and badges

Jan Olsson

I´m curious about how the export 1993 STS looked like. I have one (believe it was originally sold in Germany) but I want it to look like it´s supposed to.

My 1993 polo green STS has a badge on the trunk lid to the left that says "32 V Nortstar" and one to the right that says "Cadillac"

The grille is a chrome one with a chrome emblem (the Cadillac insignia).

Is it supposed to look this way because I´ve noticed that many of you seem to have different badging on the trunk lid and color matched grille.

I like the style on mine but I´d like to have it as close as stock as possible :)

I would leave it the way that it is. That is a very unique automobile. That will turn heads of those paying attention and that know there caddy...Trust me...I look at everyone elses caddy on the road.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Ok, so you don´t think it´s modified by a previous owner?

I would leave it the way that it is. That is a very unique automobile. That will turn heads of those paying attention and that know there caddy...Trust me...I look at everyone elses caddy on the road.

It appears....the export cars were used to clear out the left over old style '92-93 Seville grilles.

Other things....

clear front corner lamps

front fender euro turn signals

front amber turn signals

non functional dummy LED brakelights

different rear lower taillights

'Cadillac' script trim on trunk vs 'STS' or 'SLS'

sts0302.jpg

Thanks! Nice to know that the car is original ;)

I´ve ordered a high mount stop lamp, the is a connector so I guess it will work without any more mods.

I can´t understand why we didn´t get it from the start?

Archived