CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Cadillac Mozelle is up for auction!

Well, dispite the thousands of hours they put into designing the thing, It sure is not too pretty!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Sure looks 70's. Does it have a harvest gold fridge and oven in the back? Maybe Jamie Farr can drive it in the next Cannonball Run movie. :D

Man! That is one ugly car! :blink:

Ugly??? :huh: It's beautiful looks classy and expensive just like a cadillac should be!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

"Pimp my ride" poster child... :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

The last time that it was up for auction, it sold for around $2,100,000.00

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There still really are suckers born every so often...

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

You bid $3,500??? The last time that it was up for auction, it sold for around $2,100,000.00

It did not sell for $$ 2.1MM, according to the website the owner didn't accept the offer.

In my opinion, I believe the whole thing is a hoax. I do not believe GM would have engaged in such a project, I think it is a POS kitcar. I'm guessing the $ 2.1MM offer is bullxxit, I think the owner is probably trying to "hook" someone. Lets face it, it's a pretty "hokey" website, probably managed by the same guys in Nigeria that secured government funds for deposit in your account.

It probably has a VW engine in the back...

Here is what I found about the Mozelle.

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Drm70-74.htm

Marquis Coach Company (USA): The Cadillac Mozelle was built jointly by General Motors (GM) and the California-based company, in a project spearheaded by the former vice president of design for GM, William Mitchell. In a daring attempt to create the world's most luxurious one-of-a-kind creation...... The Cadillac Mozelle one-off prototype exhibit vehicle is, by *overwhelming* demand, NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE! ...if you are interested in purchasing "The Cadillac Mozelle" for Three Million Nine Hundred Thousand Dollars (US Funds)" [submission by CML member Erik Calvino]. Another CML member, Frank Perch, was dubious about the car's origins and worth. He said: The story that it is a Bill Mitchell creation is a little shady to me. It looks exactly like dozens of other kit cars and customs that took some kind of coupe body (mid 80's Buick Regals and Cougars being common victims) and made it into a pseudo-Duesenberg. There are many aspects of the description that are pure BS or at least highly questionable -- Starting with the list of instrumentation, when the interior photo looks like box-stock 74-76 Cad dash to me, no extra gauges visible. I will say, as these creations go, the proportions are better than some of the similar creations using Regals or Cougars, and from the cowl back it doesn't look too bad, except for those protruding tail lights. I'd like to see a rear view though. But even taken as better than the average pseudo-Duesy, NO WAY is this worth three mil, and for that matter is the story that it previously sold for 2.1 mil verifiable? Even if the whole thing were gold plated and you could prove that it was hand built by Bill Mitchell and Zora Arkus Duntov and John DeLorean together in some old lady's garage in Dubuque, it doesn't matter. Let's say that I wanted custom or limited production Cads. For $3.9 mil I could get one of each year of Eldorado Brougham, a 55-56 Custom Viewmaster wagon, a '70's wagon conversion (like the gorgeous one pictured on my Website), a 70's Mirage pickup, a bustle back Seville convertible SEDAN, a 1978-79 H&E DeVille convertible, AND buy a decent building to store all of 'em in!! Epilogue (2002): The car was offered at auction by RM classics, from the Dick Kughn collection, Detroit, MI. It was bid up to a paltry $40,000 !

PS there are a lot of cool custom caddys on this site!

I also find the pics offered at the Mozelle website amusing. You would think someone trying to capture the sell of a $$multi-million$$ vehicle could offer better pics than the (3) obscure pictures in a pasture.

I don't think they want you to get a good look at the plastic ornamentation.

I also find the pics offered at the Mozelle website amusing. You would think someone trying to capture the sell of a $$multi-million$$ vehicle could offer better pics than the (3) obscure pictures in a pasture.

I don't think they want you to get a good look at the plastic ornamentation.

Ya, if it was a three year project car built by GM that just sold for 2.1 million, wouldn't you think they would capture some decent pictures! I am not saying that it is a hoax or anything but that it makes you wonder....... <_<

I still think the car is cool as hell though. B)

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Archived