CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Introducing the CT6-V Blackwing Twin Turbo V8

Bruce Nunnally

I've heard that the Blackwing CT6 will be a limited production vehicle and capped at 275 units.  This may be rumor but I would like clarification if anyone knows for sure.  I do lament that Cadillac didn't give the CT6 another chance, with the four, six, and eight cylinder engine lineup, it might have been worth keeping around.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I expect the engine will become the premium engine across multiple platforms; as to how many CT6-V's we'll see, it takes a few just to get one for every major dealer.  You may be right that they are only making so many CT6's from here, and only a few will be V's.  Normally a max successful run for a V model is ~2,000.  I have not seen pricing but I suppose the CT6-V will start at $90K+

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Also an addition to my earlier post, and read on Autoblog and I think GM Authority, is that the CT6 will, in fact, remain in production (at a different assembly facility).  The CT6 is certainly good enough to remain in production and carry forth, the mark, as Cadillac's premium sedan.  The announcement of the CT6 as being discontinued was either misinterpreted or a reversal from GM/Cadillac; of that I am not sure.  Abysmal communication on GM's part IMO.

p.s.  Thanks Bruce on the clarification of 275 preorders (not total); again, some miscommunications.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I saw that also but it is not as simple as one would like to move to a new factory, unless they planned to move other vehicles that share the platform anyway.  I do like the message that the CT6 is too important to discontinue.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived