CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HELP !!! It happenned again.

Wild.Bl

Any help or opinions will be greatly appreciated. This happened two weeks ago and has been fine until this morning.

Started the engine and pulled out of the garage and shut off ignition. Tried to restart about 10 minutes later and no start. Turned key on to listen for relays etc. The fuel pump relay clicks but no fuel pump sound. :(

An hour later I returned to check the problem. Went into OBD to check for codes. Only had my typical AO12 and SO63. Cleared codes and turned off ignition.

Turned ignition key on to recheck and fuel pump began to run. Cycled key on and off three times and pump ran each time. Tried to start and engine runs fine. :)

My thoughts are a dead spot in the fuel pump motor or a computer intermittent. I would like some input before I start paying to replace parts. I am away from home and do not have any tools or my Factory Service Manual. :blink:

Thanks for your help.

FWIW, I would suspect an intermitten fuel pump rather than the computer. If you pull the pump, cut it open and do a little exploratory surgery before you thow it away. Chances are you'll find a burnt wire or connection. Been there, done that.

Yeah....I bet a burnt terminal in the tank harness. Root cause is a worn pump....but the the pump harness terminal will get blue from excess current.

You have to drop the tank to get to the pump.

Keep your DIC on "battery volts" I had my pump go out and noticed that right before the car would stall (which it appears your not having a problem with..yet) the volts would start dropping FAST, like 13,12.7.12.1, 11.0...stall. I think the pump draws excess current when failing and I always wonderd if that is why the voltage dropped right before it stalled...Good luck

A.J.

Logan, you hit it on the nose. The pump was bad but I had to replace the whole module because the harness terminal was burnt !! :(

Thanks to everyone for their help. I'm back to terrorizing Daytona Beach. :D

Did Pep Boys get it fixed?

How is the shifter doing?

I am going to hit the brakes in the morning... get it "hit the brakes"... Oh too funny.. let you know how it works out. MD

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Pep Boys did the install. I supplied the parts. Runs great now !! :D

The shifter handle is not responding to super glue. I may have to spend the $125 for a new handle. :(

Good luck with the brakes.

Cadillac in Daytona said $95... unless they screwed up. (that never happens) 386-248-2342.. I think that would make a good b-day gift...

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Archived