CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey just been busy working caddy has taken some what of back seat. However found mystery backfire problem turn out being defective distributor cap though new apparently had crack. Just recently found  98 Eldorado in bone yard with better seats. Then mines was shot in bad shape so purchased all you have to do is swap motor seat harness keeping original connection and swap seat beat claps it was easy kind of seat motors setup are the same but harness are slightly different for power hook up but they will interchange. Just in plug from motors and remove control assembly as together. Replacing my ac compressor tomorrow clutch is making bad noise. Tech can that be removed from right wheel well without removing radiator?

No radiator removal necessary. Remove splash shield under front end(just forward of subframe)

And right front fenderwell trim.

Thanks for updating

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

1 hour ago, rockfangd said:

No radiator removal necessary. Remove splash shield under front end(just forward of subframe)

And right front fenderwell trim.

Thanks for updating

DITTO - What he said ^^^^^^^^

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Would love to see some things in the for sale section. Always looking. Have 2 of that generation.

Happy posting

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Well don't want trouble on site might have posted in wrong area. Notice a member on here is seeking door panel well just so happens the Eldorado strip seats from out of bone yard is 98 model beige or taupe color was going to snap pictures first before saying anything. So you see guys are still seeking parts for early model Cadillac

Look as said before no big deal was it hurting anything to post?  Personally assume dropping this topic. Not everyone are driving newer Cadillac besides we all share same interest or have common interest Cadillac your speaking your opinion concerning 26 year old car? Well perhaps everyone shares same opion in short time been a member I've notice member's seeking help with problems having early model caddy why? Because guys or woman here answer unlike other sites. Was my reason to join

Appericate reply Tech/Rock  also had change both front brake lines with both steering link's post above mentioned found some descent seats from  late model eldorado. Have change injectors out yet the power steering still has me concern. Plus I'm OTR truck driver have limited time. Love my steel body eldorado she starts right up defective distributor cap was found by flick at night notion spark lol which solve backfire  along with intermittent 12 displaying on ICP. Still more work is needed but nothing major beside I'm anal when it comes being right also found missing rights side headlight filler. Details make a big difference.

Archived