CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What wheels on pearl white STS?

maremrak

I am planning to put a new set of wheels, and can not decide which one would look best on pearl white caddy STS. I am not into big rims, only 17". Most of the cars with new set of wheels on this site are in darker color. Any advice appreciated.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

The three best options in my mind, in terms of a 17 ich wheel from Cadillac, are the new STS/CTS wheels or the previous generation STS's wheels...both of these are similar in style, however the newer ones have a more crisp look. Also there is the fancy 17s from the 2000+ DTS. They are a very good looking wheel too.

Like you said, most cars on here with newer wheels on them are darker colored, and so is mine too, being deep polo green. I however have the 2004 CTS 17 on my 95 STS, and love the way they look. The one inch increase really made a difference in the looks of the car.

You could try sifting through these peoples Sevilles to look for something...

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/sear...ville&x=34&y=14

I''ll post a pic of my 17s too...

post-3-1106356653.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I really like those! Your car looks awsome the emblums the wheels you got it all and I have a question did you get your car painted I love that colour! Those are those wheels don't look like the CTS ones when you get them on that car I like those I had seen them before but thought they would not look good but now that I seen them on your I am very interested! I would also consider the new STS wheels if I were you they would go good with your 95! ;)

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Definetly chrome, or a bright metal at least.

I find grey wheels to be very borring looking on STSs.

cadillac_caddy_sts,

Thanks, but no the car has not been repainted. Its the original Polo Green, which is a very popular color. It still looks as good, if not better than when it was new. With the right paint care products/technique you can pretty much keep any paint looking sharp. You just have to be diligent about detailing!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

STS Scott, those wheels look HOT on that caddi.

Been thinking about getting a new set for my dad's '94 STS... Thinking about '03 STS chromes for it..he's got the stock aluminum wheels on it now

The black-on-black with chrome wheels will look hot once the spring time comes and the snow has cleared and we can start to work on his car again :D

As for a pearl white caddy, definitely chrome wheels will help to make it stand out amongst the others on the road.. Nothing like some chrome rims sparkling in the sun!

Thank you guys. I think the new CTS will be my choice. Will the fit? I mean can I use the same tires? I have a new Bridgestone Potenza, that I am very pleased with.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I recomend anyone that is looking to buy wheels to go to cardio doc when I get my wheels if I decide to go with Cadillac ones not aftermarket that where i'm going to look first!

user posted image

Thanks for the plug, guys - I appreciate that.

OEM Cadillac is BEST. I handle alot of different wheels and the OEM Cadillac wheels are ALWAYS lighter than aftermarket even in the same size. Plus, you KNOW that GM/Cadillac are on top of quality. Alot of the aftermarket stuff is heavy and junk in terms of quality.

I only sell Cadillac wheels - singles, sets and center caps.

To see all that I have to sell, click here:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcardioQ2ddoc

Read my feedback to get a handle on who I am and how I do business.

cheers,

~Doc

Sorry I didn't see this post until today. I have a 93 Pearl White STS and I also wanted to freshen up the look and managed to find these OEM 16" rims off of ebay a few years back. I believe these are 97 style rims and the center caps were found on Elderado's? I really like the center crest and have received many compliments on the car. Here are some pics... ;)

post-3-1106595258.jpg

Here is a shot of the complete car...from the winter wonderland. I wish I had a better shot for you but this should help you see the overall look with the chrome 16" OEM rims.

post-3-1106595412.jpg

Those are nice wheels I would like to get some of those I like the Michilen Pilot tires to ;)

user posted image

Does anybody know what size the latest STS rims are?

I am also looking to upgrade my tires and I love the 18" size.

Any info on sets of rims would be great.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Petrov, those look great!!! Thanks for the pictures. How expensive they can be? I was originaly looking for non chrome since they are cheaper.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Archived