CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Deville DHS, cannot retrieve codes using dash controls

I just purchased a 2000 Deville DHS, it has the brake, abs and traction lights all illuminated at the same time as soon as the car starts up. I have tried accessing the EBTM (Electronic Brake Control Module) with my Autel Maxisys Pro scanner without any luck. I have also tried to push the "on/off" and "info up" buttons at the same time and holding them for about 10 seconds. Nothing happens in my dash. Am I doing something wrong? It has the analog dash. I am wondering if the brake control module is no good.

Hope to hear from someone with more experience on this so I don't have to waste too much time diagnosing what's wrong

D

For accessing the codes, do you have the aux power on (battery on but engine off) when you are holding the buttons down? Reading codes page: http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

ON/OFF and INFO UP are the correct buttons to press - just to the right of the steering column/instrument panel cluster. I just tried it on my 2005 Deville - key in the ON position and it took about 3 seconds to enter the diagnostics.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived