CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pics of the STS's new Jewlery

STS Scott

My G/F got me the new STS and Northstar badge "set" for Christmas, and along with a new Digital camera from my parents, I finally got to getting some pics taken.

School and the weather have been killers around here for me, so I had this small window of free time to finally get all of the salt deposits off of her. God, when you live in a city with a salt mine, the slightest chance of snow, and the salt truck company is just itching to blast the damned stuff everywhere!

Anyway, I'm done venting about that (but I hear more snow is on the way!)

Here's some pics of the new badges. I think they really complement the looks of the car. They have a "crisp fresh look" to them, and with the new wheels (which are also offered on the new 2005 STS! lol) it give me "that sweet feeling" when I driving it! To take a line from Feris Bueler, "It is so Choice" lol ...

post-3-1106246738.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Those look great! I really like them where they expensive? Do you have a pic of the wheels?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

or here is another pic of the actual wheel. These wheels are actually the CTS issued ones. They are 7.5 inches wide, where STS bound wheels are 8 inches wide.

post-3-1106249520.jpg

Scott

I like it all so how much were the emblums? I am curious to know ha ha I'm interested in getting some. The wheels look amayzing on the car to!

user posted image

Well, they were a gift from my girlfriend. Apparently she took note of my reaction when we were looking over a new 2005 back in November or so. I never asked her what she paid for them, but my Dad dished out about 35 bucks in Canadian dough for the new Northstar badge, on his DTS.

For comparason though, I inquired at the dealer about the Seville badge used on 92-93 Sevilles, before the SLS trim level came out. I love the script style they used, and assumed that it would be dirt cheap, considering it's a 12+ year old part. They still had them available...for 50 bucks each! The parts guys reasoning for the price was that you are paying for them to keep older things like that on the shelf and collect dust, should someone ever want it.

I was going to get two of the labels, to put the "Seville" script on the lower front door cladding, like the Eldorado does, but two of them would have cost me over $100. Way to much bread for a little thing like that!

I would guess the new STS badge to be about 50 bucks or less. Call up your local dealer and ask for parts, they can tell you over the phone, I'm sure.

Scott

I got the "Seville" script badges from Ebay and paid about $20 for three of them. I placed them on the door panel much in the style of the "Seville" block-lettered design that comes with the later Gold Package STS.

You can see what the script badges look like on a 2000 here:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/erobs82

ero1220,

That Seville script is a classy touch.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on E-bay!

and cetheri, thanks for the complement!

Cardio-Doc had them offered among his Ebay items, and was only asking about $850 or so, for the whole set. That was a dream come true, for as much as I loved the wheels, the dealer wanted over $1000 PER wheel! Check his stuff out on the main page, he's a great guy to do business with!

Scott

I got the "Seville" script badges from Ebay and paid about $20 for three of them. I placed them on the door panel much in the style of the "Seville" block-lettered design that comes with the later Gold Package STS.

You can see what the script badges look like on a 2000 here:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/erobs82

There is almost too many emblems on that car but the Seville emlem on the door looks great!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Those Seville emblums on the door they are great I almost bought some on ebay but was outbidded at the last minute I am still looking for some if anyone nos where I can get them they put that extra touch of elegance on the car that I really like!

user posted image

too many emblems? lol

well there's the dealer, northstar, and STS badges on the trunk. I can't do a lot about them. on the grille we have the OEM crest and shield along with another piece I won in online auction...

The Cadillac script doesn't rest on the dash anymore, though, it was broken off some time ago. I'll admit it seemed a little out of place (it was originally a trunk-lid badge)

STS Scott, what size rims are they?

Man that STS looks beautiful.

I'm going to replace the STS and Northstar badges in mine also,

I would really like a set of V8 badges on the front fenders.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Cupillac, thank you!

I absolutely love them too! They seem to perfectly complment looks of the car, to me. They are 17 inches, and 7.5 inches wide.

I just wish I had a lower profile tire on them! I drool at the thought of some 255/50R17s. They would sure give it a nice wide, tough stance. For now I'll just have to roll around on the dorky 225/60R17s that were brand new hand-me-downs from my Dads DTS.

Yenko,

the badges come with self adhesive tape.

when taking the old ones off, no you will not lose any paint if you do it right.

You need to heat the ones on there with a hair dryer, so the glue softens up. Then use something to delecitly pull the badge away from the car, while keeping the heat on it. The steel body will probably heat up to much for you to use your hands... It stung when I touched it too long.

To get the remaining glue residue off, I threw everything I had at in terms of my detailing stuff...mineral spirits and a brisk rubbing with a towel will get the majority off. I then used a Mothers Clay bar to get rid of the stubourn stuff, polished, and it looked like new.

Whatever you do, don't use a polish with wax in in it. The wax will prevent the badge from adhering properly.

I did all of this in a sub-zero unheated garage the night before we left for Florida, and the results were still steallar.

Scott

So it's pretty much the same as removing decals? I want to get some new ones to but I don't want a big hassle to take the old ones off and find something to put them on with. But if it's that easy I will probly try and get some my birthday is coming up! HA HA

user posted image

Archived