CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

wipers

johnnydone

the other day i was drivingc in a misty rain i put the wipers on delay it started raining harder the wipers picked up speed and kept on picking up speed the faster the rain the faster the wipers when the rain quit the wipers quit they went into a hold position like they were waiting for more rain just never seen this feature if it is a feature in any car that i ever had any comments

the other day i was drivingc in a misty rain i put the wipers on delay it started raining harder the wipers picked up speed and kept on picking up speed the faster the rain the faster the wipers when the rain quit the wipers quit they went into a hold position like they were waiting for more rain just never seen this feature if it is a feature in any car that i ever had any comments

That is pretty cool, I hope you can turn it off in a car wash, :lol:

Your Concours has the RainSense system. Something Lexus is currently advertising as the "latest and greatest" on their cars, and Cadillacs have had them for years.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

In my 2000 STS, if the switch is in the first position after OFF, the wipers will work automatically. In my car, just to the right of the rear view mirror, there is a 4" X 4" box (for want of a better word) fastened to the glass. This is the sensor that monitors the amount of rain falling and adjusts the wiper speed accordingly.

To stop the wipers from being "wiped out" in the car wash, just move the switch to the full OFF position.

This technology has been improved over the years by Cadillac. I think mine were called "Rain Sense II" which would indicate there was at least one before that and there may have been other improvements since 2000.

Archived