CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel injector cleaners

I was looking to get some fuel injector cleaner but whats the best kind? Does anyone even use this? I was thinking of going with Lucas High Preformance!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Why do you think you need to clean your fuel injectors? Do a search. Guru has repeatedly said never to use that stuff. You risk damaging your fuel pump and/or injectors.

Not sure that is neccassary. 92 or 93 octane is all you should need for the Northstar. you won't gain any more HP from octane booster if that is what you are looking for.

You only need enough octane to prevent knocking. Anything above this is a waste. The control system on the N* does a good job of managing spark knock with standard gasoline grades, so unless you're trying to burn whiskey, you shouldn't need any octane boost additives :D

I have read from other posts that some used the lucas fuel injector cleaner and were pleased with the results. Do search you might find somthing. Personally I wouldn't use any thing like that anyway.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Okay then that sounds like a plan I will forget about it if it's not going to do anything for me cause it would just be a waste of money thanks for the tips.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Hi

I would stay away from fuel injector cleaners

Last time I used it I think it was the stp stuff shortly after the fuel pump failed i only used it twice both times in a 95 deville and both time it took out the fuel pump in a short time..So I never used it after that I never connected the 2 until the second pump failed..

Good Luck

Jim

Archived