CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

change brake pads

JACK

One of your brake pad wear sensors is not connected or is worn through. Was the message displayed before you changed the pads?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Theres a light that says to replace the brake pads is there anything that these cars can't tell you thats wrong lol. Do the 94's do this or just the newer ones?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I would think so too because I had my pads replaced and I never go a message and they were pretty worn. :rolleyes:

O so did they come up with these sensors in 98 or would it be around like 96,97?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I would guess the "change break pads" message came in the 96+ models. That's when everything went OBD-II and a whole bunch of stuff was added. Also you can view all potential DIC messages by pressing and holding the "ENG/MET" button (it may be non-existent on 96+ models). It is a "dealer preview" option so that the dealer may show the customer everything the DIC can possibly display....I'll never forget the time my dad called me (while driving my car) and said "A.J...the car just told me the engine was to hot and that it was dis-engaging the AC compressor. I think that's the first time I've ever had a car talk to me..."

A.J.

YES MESSAGE WAS DISPLAYED BEFORE BRAKE PADS WERE CHANGED.

One or more of your pad wear sensors is not connected or is worn through (as designed). Check all four positions.

Aftermarket replacement pads do notinclude new wear sensors; ACDelco replacement pads do include new sensors.

A Cadillac dealer parts counter might have the sensors only as part # 18026765.

If you find a worn or missing sensor, you can jumper the chassis connector as a short term fix.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived